2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

Flying with ski equipment was really easy. I decided on the SUV and got a nearly brand new Subaru Outback with only 1K miles and AWD. Never had heated seats before and didnt figure out how to turn it off yet, so my back starts to get sweaty. This is great!!!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Flying with ski equipment was really easy. I decided on the SUV and got a nearly brand new Subaru Outback with only 1K miles and AWD. Never had heated seats before and didnt figure out how to turn it off yet, so my back starts to get sweaty. This is great!!!

Should just be a button in the center area.  Where did you stay last night and what’s the plan for today??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Should just be a button in the center area.  

I'm glad you guys talked me into the SUV. It's supposed to snow mid week (!) and driving around the snow in a compact would have caused me a lot of stress. I went with the Payless reservation you found on Orbitz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

It is no more difficult than checking a regular bag. Not sure why Ski2Live gets all turnt up about it....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because he had to wait an entire hour for his ski bag last year in Newark when he was flying back from Boston..just Boston not Austin lol

It was probably just sitting in the oversized luggage area the whole time while he stood at the carousel waiting.

Is @saltyant skiing today? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Going on a tour of the mint in 2 minutes. Always wanted to go and finally have the opportunity. Skiing Winter Park the next 2 days and it's supposed to dump !!!

When coins have a D on them it means Denver.   I was at the mint in philly in 1988 and even bought a1987 proof set there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When coins have a D on them it means Denver.   I was at the mint in philly in 1988 and even bought a1987 proof set there. 

That's the year Atomic and I were born. The mint was cool, they handled out free samples ($0.02). Typing this from the Capitol building, maybe ill do a tour here also before heading up to the mountains.  A lot of hippies and pot around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Only Salty would take a ski trip out west and use a potential ski day to visit government buildings.

He’s skiing the next four days..I approve if that’s what he likes.  Only hardcore folks ski everyday of a ski trip. 

Salty where did you stay in Denver and take pictures when you drive over berthard pass. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He’s skiing the next four days..I approve if that’s what he likes.  Only hardcore folks ski everyday of a ski trip. 

Salty where did you stay in Denver and take pictures when you drive over berthard pass. 

Big brother Doug approves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Candlewood by the airport. Got to ride the Cabaret... just like Mountain Creek! Not skiing just sitting by the window watching people ski, studying the trail map and drinking free water.20190204_140252.thumb.jpg.99b8f7a1ce8e1d9e7e895b5a1ecd3ebb.jpg

20190204_144817.thumb.jpg.13415c70d1cc71d17ae61b854616eb43.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

It was a joke and I think it's really cool that he took advantage of his time out there to do something he's been wanting to do.
  • Love 1