Following in the footsteps of Lloyd and Harry, TP4 goes to Aspen

theprogram4

Nice start to the report.  You know there are shrines all over Aspen Mountain(Ajax).  

Here you go some light reading. 

https://www.aspenchamber.org/blog/7-must-see-shrines-aspen-mountain

Me and Johnny style smoked doobies at two of the shrines like 8 years ago and not the best area for safety meetings as every minute or two dudes who are probably Fortune 500 executives stop and look at the shrines and remembered their youth filled with sex, drugs, rock n roll and hot apple pie on the windowsill..and dippin Oreos in their milk.  

• Like 2

The rental looks badass...looks like two living rooms. Very modern even a flat screen TV..can watch BET on that. 

A good place to eat dinner at near Snowmass is Woody Creek Tavern..it’s filled with Hunter S Thompson memorabilia and is super funky.  

https://www.woodycreektavern.com/

• Like 2

Their is a bar from the same dude up the stairs around the corner from there, Zanes, dude is from philly and his cheese steaks are pretty good plus the bar has darts and shit.

That guy Zane is from Avalon, NJ. Splits his time between Aspen and NJ. We have a Taste of Philly here in Boulder. Used to get food there often when we moved here since it reminded the kids of home. That is until one night we all got food poisoning from the chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Barb said:

That guy Zane is from Avalon, NJ. Splits his time between Aspen and NJ. We have a Taste of Philly here in Boulder. Used to get food there often when we moved here since it reminded the kids of home. That is until one night we all got food poisoning from the chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was an outrage! Denver almost burnt to the ground when chipotle almost killed everybody.

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The rental looks badass...looks like two living rooms. Very modern even a flat screen TV..can watch BET on that. 

A good place to eat dinner at near Snowmass is Woody Creek Tavern..it’s filled with Hunter S Thompson memorabilia and is super funky.  

https://www.woodycreektavern.com/

Nice suggestion!  Just got back, place was great.  Fish tacos were delicious.  They now have my pic on the wall

• Like 3

Day 1: Ajax

parked in town at the garage which is surprisingly cheap at $10 per day.  Started today off easy riding groomers with my dad.  I had been worried about the terrain at Ajax being too advanced for him, but it wasn't too bad and he said it was one of his best ski days ever.  Also had a knee scare on Monday so wanted to be a little cautious today.  In the morning we did a lot of blue runs off Ajax lift, ruthies lift, and FIS.  After lunch my dad called it a day and me and my brother went to ride tougher terrain.  We did a few runs off gents ridge lift (Walsh and hyrups).  Walsh was probably my run of the day as the snow was surprisingly good for nothing new in days.  After that hit a few diamonds and glades on the two ridges on either side of the resort.  Not sure what exact runs but the ones on either side of the gondy, as well as diamonds near FIS lift.  Snow was bumped up on these runs, but nothing crazy.  Perfect blue bird skies, temps in mid 20s, and no wind.  I thought I took a bunch of pics, but apparently only took like 4.  Snowmass tomorrow and then cross country skiing to some restaurant in the woods.  Could be 10 inches of snow falling all day Sunday.  I was planning on highlands Sunday, but the fam wants to do snowmass Sunday and highlands Monday.  No biggie as Jeff said he likes snowmass best for powder.  First impression of Aspen town was its not as snobby as I had imagined, a lot of lap dogs though.  The convenience of the airport is also clutch 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I’m intrigued about this dinner tomorrow night. XC skiing to it? Is it classy AF or just a podunk bar in the woods? Either way, report about it. 

Apparently it's a very classy meal with like 4 or 5 courses.  The only way to get there is cross country skis or horse drawn sleigh.  Seems way too classy for me lol.  I will report about it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Apparently it's a very classy meal with like 4 or 5 courses.  The only way to get there is cross country skis or horse drawn sleigh.  Seems way too classy for me lol.  I will report about it

Awesome. Thanks. I’m interested in the meals, but I’d like a TR and photos for the whole event. Than you and you’re welcome!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Enjoy the change from WaWa and McDonalds..Ajax mountain is where they used to do the 24 hours of aspen ski race. That was insane...was like a 2.5 mile 3,000 vertical foot downhill course and they used the Gondola..they’d log like 200k+ vert.