Following in the footsteps of Lloyd and Harry, TP4 goes to Aspen

theprogram4

great report! aspen def has a good set up going on, and flying into aspen would be super great if the plane tix weren't so dang expensive. glad to see that you loved highlands: that's my favorite of the four. if we go back to aspen again I think i'll just bounce between snowmass and highlands.

ETA: we've found that aspen is only as stuffy/snooty/stuck-up as you make it to be.

Edited by guitar73

1 minute ago, guitar73 said:

great report! aspen def has a good set up going on, and flying into aspen would be super great if the plane tix weren't so dang expensive. glad to see that you loved highlands: that's my favorite of the four. if we go back to aspen again I think i'll just bounce between snowmass and highlands.

ETA: we've found that aspen is only as stuffy/snooty/stuck-up as you make it to be.

I'd love to get out there at some point. Still have never skied in CO. 

May have missed it, but are you and the wife getting anywhere this year?

Just now, toast21602 said:

I'd love to get out there at some point. Still have never skied in CO. 

May have missed it, but are you and the wife getting anywhere this year?

unfortunately no. just staying local for a little while. she quit her job just before the holidays so that she could go to school full-time to earn an accounting degree. her previous work situation was really awful (to put it mildly) and she just needed a change. so, we need to dial back the trips in the meanwhile until she's back in the work force.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

unfortunately no. just staying local for a little while. she quit her job just before the holidays so that she could go to school full-time to earn an accounting degree. her previous work situation was really awful (to put it mildly) and she just needed a change. so, we need to dial back the trips in the meanwhile until she's back in the work force.

Good for her and good luck as well. I'm sure we'll hear when the next trip comes up in the future.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

Props to the locals for telling us out-of-towers about were the best goods were on the powder day.  Every piece of advice they gave was spot on.  I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to give away the best spots to tourists, but they were nice as hell.

also, Aspen has a great ski town vibe and not stuck up at all in my opinion

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

Props to the locals for telling us out-of-towers about were the best goods were on the powder day.  Every piece of advice they gave was spot on.  I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to give away the best spots to tourists, but they were nice as hell.

I've talked to a lot of great people here also. Everyone has been really friendly and helpful here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ve always said that Aspen locals are the most welcoming people.  They’ll welcome you to their mountain unlike JH locals.

• Like 1