2/3..Sausage Sunday..great conditions.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. I ended up going right into surgery and once they opened me up the surgery went from an estimated hour to over 3 hours. All the surgeons and staff all commented on how it was pretty freaking bad break.
It happened on the jump at the bottom of comearound, did a 540 and landed on my feet but way way in the backseat. Thank goodness I was with my cousin and he handled the situation like a champ. My main objective personally was to be level headed, calm and respectful of others in a time of pain.   Btw Jen the ski patroller was great.  Took a loooong 90 minute drive (low pro tires for the loss dawg) to Doylestown hospital and I’m very happy I made that decision (no disrespect to other hospitals). Surgery went well, stayed the night and was released this morning. 
Looking at a potential 6 month healing process so it’ll be a long road back but I’m looking forward to the challenge. Heavily ace  bandaged with a splint in a sling. No hard cast and they want me doing PT in as soon as 2 weeks.
You guys are all awesome people and the comments in this thread prove it. Part of my motivation is to heal up and get back out there to see you crazy a holes in the lot.

We are all expecting to see you in the lower lot for the season end party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

There was a PT on one of my meetup hikes this summer. She works in Vail and said that the new trend is to get people doing Pt very soon after surgeries. Most of her patients have their operations in Vail and come for Pt the very next day. Good luck with your recovery. I feel like a positive attitude is half the battle and sounds like you have that covered. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barb said:

There was a PT on one of my meetup hikes this summer. She works in Vail and said that the new trend is to get people doing Pt very soon after surgeries. Most of her patients have their operations in Vail and come for Pt the very next day. Good luck with your recovery. I feel like a positive attitude is half the battle and sounds like you have that covered. 

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Antman sounds really familiar to what happened to me 3 seasons ago (happened differently of course). Barb is 100% right... gotta stay positive. Know that next season will come and you'll be back and better than ever.

Exactly! I can’t look back and dwell on it. Just gotta move forward with a positive attitude. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Hopefully they sent you home with some strong pain meds. 

If they did, only use then as a last resort. The opioid addiction is fucking bonkers right now and it’s so easy to get sucked in when presented with the means to do so. As someone who works in healthcare I see this way too much, especially with orthopedic related injuries. 

The last thing I want to see is a PASR friend go down that route. I said it last year when @RidgeRacer got hurt - were a family of a bunch of assholes, but we really do care about each other, especially in tough times.

Hoping for a quick recovery. Keep your positive attitude and you’ll be good. 

• Like 6

Just now, toast21602 said:

If they did, only use then as a last resort. The opioid addiction is fucking bonkers right now and it’s so easy to get sucked in when presented with the means to do so. As someone who works in healthcare I see this way too much, especially with orthopedic related injuries. 

The last thing I want to see is a PASR friend go down that route. I said it last year when @RidgeRacer got hurt - were a family of a bunch of assholes, but we really do care about each other, especially in tough times.

Hoping for a quick recovery. Keep your positive attitude and you’ll be good. 

Thanks for the reminder Toast. opioid addiction is running ramped like you stated. I hope to be off my current prescription meds within a couple days. 

21 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Thanks for the reminder Toast. opioid addiction is running ramped like you stated. I hope to be off my current prescription meds within a couple days. 

I actually couldn't stand the pain meds for more than 3-4 days after my ankle surgery.  The dope/sleep/eat/dope cycle gets old fast.  I'd take 1, stay awake for an hour, then pass our for 4-5 hours. Not to mention it really fucks up your regular shitting cycle.

• Like 2

And remember, it will make you constipated.

Hope you feel better soon bro.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, antman12 said:

Exactly! I can’t look back and dwell on it. Just gotta move forward with a positive attitude. 

Keep your head high and your heart even higher. We may never ski in the Olympics or get dope movie footage but we play a dangerous game. Humans are weird, to describe snow sports to aliens or even other animals would be very strange. We aren't chasing prey or running from predators, while the occasional women or man may be interested in us for our abilities 99% are not turned on by making good turns or dope tricks. We get no medals or trophies and for the most part our triumphs are personal and difficult to describe to others.

Injuries are the downside to playing this dangerous game, you go out time and time and time again and you roll the dice, from a certain perspective it's amazing we can survive at all but such is the wonder to be human. There is a human sort of purity to going out and risking your body for the simple pleasure of sliding on snow, putting ligaments and bones on the line to chase the ephemeral beauty. Most of the time we are so used to doing highway speeds or bad ass tricks its not even thought about in any real sense, today was a good day because the snow was good, the integrity of our bodies never enters our minds.

If your mind is right and your will strong there is no injury that can keep you from getting back in the game before you know it. Rest up, hit the PT HARD and you'll be back ripping before you know it. While patting one's self on the back is the lamest of past times remember what it is you do and maybe more importantly why you do it, let it be that nagging little voice in the back of your head that says I fucking rip and I'm Matt Edge bad ass so lets do 5 more whatever you do for a busted arm in PT. The road may seem long now but before you know it you'll be back out there because attitude is everything and you got the right attitude.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NMSKI said:

And remember, they will make you constipated.

OIC is the worst!  I don't know how addicts can deal with that, unless they're taking more meds to get things going.

I've got some good OIC stories, having been given opioids for kidney stone agony, but they may be worse than any x-ray, kidney/salivary stone pictures.
The constipation was so bad, I preferred the kidney stone pain!

• Like 1

OIC is the worst!  I don't know how addicts can deal with that, unless they're taking more meds to get things going.
I've got some good OIC stories, having been given opioids for kidney stone agony, but they may be worse than any x-ray, kidney/salivary stone pictures.
The constipation was so bad, I preferred the kidney stone pain!

I love pooping so much, if there was a drug that made you take great dumps I would get addicted to that.
  • Like 1

My favorite bathroom accessory.
Yeah I know some say it’s a joke, butt it works for me. YMMV.
1d3be68556cc9268be58df64d9d41a83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of those, and I liked it but it was always in the way when not in use. My bathroom is kind of small.
  • Like 1