Jackson hole 2/5-2/13...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, and they take 4 long poles, tie them together at one end and spread them out like a tee-pee and wrap a tarp around it for a make-shift tee-pee shitter using the noodle-bucket.

Used something similar a ton of times at penn state and eagles games.  Works fairly well 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I still have the cheeseburger in Paradise song stuck in my head!!

I was at the very restaurant that inspired the song, AND I literally ate a cheeseburger IN paradise, yet I still have no idea what the song sounds like. I wonder if I've heard it before??? I'll look it up on YouTube late tonight.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was at the very restaurant that inspired the song, AND I literally ate a cheeseburger IN paradise, yet I still have no idea what the song sounds like. I wonder if I've heard it before??? I'll look it up on YouToob late tonight.

Maybe you can add it to your Skiing music mix, it might be a little hokey for you since you usually listen to death metal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good: Not oversleeping for my flight

Bad: Boarding plane 5 hours late

Ugly: My shin splints from running the 600 yard dash in the airport plus dome..had time to pee..didn’t sweat that much again until I did the running man in Jeff’s room during Apres ski.  

How about when you had to climb back up to get your ski?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good: Elk Country Inn..coffee and hot chocolate on demand multiple varieties and cheapest vending machines ever...75 cents for snacks and $1 for a can of pop. 

Bad: Not being at the 49er..maybe one day in the future if I can get my paper straight. 

Ugly: chubby waitress at Mexican restaurant probably hid in kitchen the whole time due to my Me Too advances on her when I was blackout drunk in 2012..no problem my 32 ounce margarita combined with jack and stokes and shot of Jameson thrown in and singing along to Alan Jackson way down yonder in the chattahoochie and googling how not to lose voice and then losing voice from all the screaming on pow day.  

To be continued. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

What is your timeframe for getting out there? Less than 5 years?

Hopefully..it’s two factors,  having enough money for a ski trip of that length and also being able to delegate myself out of a job for 3-4 months.  We rode the lift with an Ikon passholder who has the winter off...he also has the epic pass and traveling all over the Rockies this winter. Pretty sick. 

2 minutes ago, Barb said:

Was just reading a thread on Teton gravity about how pissed locals are about the Ikon Pass. Especially in Jackson Hole. 

Can't wait to be using it at this time in 2 weeks out there. I'll be sure to keep it in my pocket out of sight so the bros don't get too turnt up over it. Sucks for them that I'll be spending money in their town...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barb said:

Was just reading a thread on Teton gravity about how pissed locals are about the Ikon Pass. Especially in Jackson Hole. 

Here’s the article from the other day in Jackson holes newspaper. 

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/town_county/article_74e0e79c-ed83-5a4f-b5b6-408b365126b0.html

Just now, toast21602 said:

Can't wait to be using it at this time in 2 weeks out there. I'll be sure to keep it in my pocket out of sight so the bros don't get too turnt up over it. Sucks for them that I'll be spending money in their town...

Put an Ikon sticker on your helmet and ask if they have change for a nickle. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hopefully..it’s two factors,  having enough money for a ski trip of that length and also being able to delegate myself out of a job for 3-4 months.  We rode the lift with an Ikon passholder who has the winter off...he also has the epic pass and traveling all over the Rockies this winter. Pretty sick. 

That would be pretty incredible to pull off. I guess that is one of the benefits of not having a home or apartment because that sure does make it easier on your end. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

That would be pretty incredible to pull off. I guess that is one of the benefits of not having a home or apartment because that sure does make it easier on your end. 

If I had an apartment I would just pay rent on it while I was gone.  Looks like a delayed opening at Jackson hole due to avalanche bombing.  Yesterday was really crowded early but then the crowds died out based on the webcams.  I think a lot of locals go up on the pow days early, ski a few runs and then peace out. 

Bruce one of the locals parks in the very close in parking, it’s $20 on weekdays and $30 on weekends where he parks..imagine paying that everyday you went to Blue..could add up over $100 a week he doesn’t care he’s rich. 

I thought the same thing when I read it. Stop taking people’s money if it’s so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk