Jackson hole 2/5-2/13...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

10 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Did you guys notice a big increase in crowds this year due to the Ikon Pass? Seems the locals are bitching.

Riled Locals Blame Ikon for Resort Crowding

This was posted somewhere else, but for my 4 days (no big pow days) i really didnt notice anything, but the routine is get in the line for the Gondola at 8-ish, get first Gondi, go ski, so i cant really compare the line for the gondola to last year.  

The comments are getting pretty interesting.  one comment says JHMR is locked into the Ikon for 3 yrs.  could be true, could be BS.  That place is crowded on a pow day no matter what.  

What they probably cant take into account, is people like Jeff.  He was skiing there this year whether he had the Ikon or not.  it just made sense to buy the pass.  so how many other people are there like Jeff?

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This was posted somewhere else, but for my 4 days (no big pow days) i really didnt notice anything, but the routine is get in the line for the Gondola at 8-ish, get first Gondi, go ski, so i cant really compare the line for the gondola to last year.  

The comments are getting pretty interesting.  one comment says JHMR is locked into the Ikon for 3 yrs.  could be true, could be BS.  That place is crowded on a pow day no matter what.  

What they probably cant take into account, is people like Jeff.  He was skiing there this year whether he had the Ikon or not.  it just made sense to buy the pass.  so how many other people are there like Jeff?

I’m guessing most of the Ikon people are not like Jeff..most are first time JH visitors and it makes sense that they’re using their Ikon pass at JH since it’s the best place on the pass.  That’s why Indiggio and his whole crew got the Ikon pass. 

• Like 1

I’m guessing most of the Ikon people are not like Jeff..most are first time JH visitors and it makes sense that they’re using their Ikon pass at JH since it’s the best place on the pass.  That’s why Indiggio and his whole crew got the Ikon pass. 

I did’nt. 5 days JH for $430 and one day Grand Targhee for $113 ( includes bus).

But may get ikon for next year cause duh...
  • Like 1