Jackson hole 2/5-2/13...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

15” new in the last 24 hours...65 inch storm total since the weekend....6-12” forecasted next 24 hours and season total is 442” crazy cause a month ago I told JFDan that JH could hit 300” by our trip and they were at like 270” then. Excuse my excitement but this is historic. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

15” new in the last 24 hours...65 inch storm total since the weekend....6-12” forecasted next 24 hours and season total is 442” crazy cause a month ago I told JFDan that JH could hit 300” by our trip and they were at like 270” then. Excuse my excitement but this is historic. 

Can't wait to be a part of history! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Don't you mean Ikonic?!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Itching to go back out?

20 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Itching to go back out?

Yeah I’m happy I can swing Colorado in April with all the money I’ve spent this season on gear plus JH trip.  Sure ideally I’d have been in JH for this storm cycle..with toast and mute and Ryan...with you and tarpenhead then a side trip to Taos to ski with NMSki.  It’s still fun watching the webcams from work.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Must be ok today.  Or they are giving out hot cocoa at the top of Sublette.  

image.png.3c6c608a00f4e78965b92031f553ea8a.png

Well because the new snow lower on the mountain isn’t as deep and is much wetter.   Plus all those people who were in the Tram line earlier had to end up somewhere. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Of course, the Ice coasters are coming to town...

You’ll likely have new snow later in your trip.  Still could be some snow this weekend as well well..a lot of instability..some of those knee deep pow pictures in years past have come from a chance of overnight snow showers..good weather on a travel day is nice..and good visibility is as well.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’ll likely have new snow later in your trip.  Still could be some snow this weekend as well well..a lot of instability..some of those knee deep pow pictures in years past have come from a chance of overnight snow showers..good weather on a travel day is nice..and good visibility is as well.  

The weather will be, like Dinah Shore.  I don't get wound up over it because there's not much I can do about it, but ski the snow that was dealt.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, indiggio said:

The weather will be, like Dinah Shore.  I don't get wound up over it because there's not much I can do about it, but ski the snow that was dealt.

The one year before JH the forecast didn’t look that great and someone hated even said that and we had like four and a half powder days.  The weather is like a box of chocolate is sometimes is sometimes hot sticky and sweet. 

Another year is was boney and Philpug was coming the next week and I kept saying wow it’s gonna be rough for Philpug and it snowed 60” for him. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

I am a lucky mofo

aint seen anything like this ever!

Was reading back a few posts ...

Bottom 1/3 of wetter snow. Been riding up top half mostly.

snowing in town but lots of melt puddles

Visibility been next to nothing most of mountain

I hope they can open up Headwall tomorrow or Friday for a hike but it’s been closed this week 

602C9CDC-8FB6-4502-A741-2FDECD1C8DC1.jpeg

80A028EB-8A6F-4725-8BA2-905D32B5B3D2.jpeg

• Like 9