Jackson hole 2/5-2/13...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Good to see you guys out there killing it.  Doug and Jeff are fucking powder magnets, its amazing how many dumps they seem to always get out there.

@mbike-ski how is the the drive from SLC to Jackson?  throwing around the possibility of extending my utah trip

When is your trip? Ryan and I will be in JH 2/28-3/4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shadows said:

If you stay in one spot for a week....

Just now, toast21602 said:

Bummer. Who are you going to Utah with and where are you riding?

since i have mountain collective, I am limited to where I have free passes to.  2 days at snowbasin, 2 days at snowbird are guaranteed.  meeting my brother out there and crashing at his friends place.  the friend is considering the drive to j hole from slc, looks about 5 hours with good conditions.  i could also go to sun valley, which is the same distance from slc. (the j hole idea is just preliminary at this point)

sorry to derail your thread doug, last post from me

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

since i have mountain collective, I am limited to where I have free passes to.  2 days at snowbasin, 2 days at snowbird are guaranteed.  meeting my brother out there and crashing at his friends place.  the friend is considering the drive to j hole from slc, looks about 5 hours with good conditions.  i could also go to sun valley, which is the same distance from slc. (the j hole idea is just preliminary at this point)

yup 5 hours, easy driving except through Teton pass.  Speed limit is mostly 80 so I just put the cruise on 85 and rolled

• Like 4

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Good to see you guys out there killing it.  Doug and Jeff are fucking powder magnets, its amazing how many dumps they seem to always get out there.

@mbike-ski how is the the drive from SLC to Jackson?  throwing around the possibility of extending my utah trip

Well we have skied here a lot of days and go in late January/early February which is the snowiest time out here. For a 7 day trip you have a decent chance at one big pow day.  Last year I had 5 pow days this year 3 pow days..most likely. 

It’s all good I’m eating Parmesan truffle fries and Atomic Jeff is chatting with people he knows from Harrisburg.  My view before.

And view now.  With the mountain collective taking advantage of two days at Jackson hole is much advised considering day tickets are $153 each. 

ACBC8C7A-FE5C-4F4D-B10E-D15C7E01ED16.jpeg

6C472F8B-6041-4FFF-84AA-179F3535A96F.jpeg

• Like 3

The longer the trip the better the chance.  Today was pretty great, but not the epicness of yesterday.  Still probably 10+ face shots each today.

D7ED56CC-6696-43BB-A594-F862F74BFA06.jpeg

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s all good I’m eating Parmesan truffle fries and Atomic Jeff is chatting with people he knows from Harrisburg.  My view before.

And view now.  With the mountain collective taking advantage of two days at Jackson hole is much advised considering day tickets are $153 each. 

ACBC8C7A-FE5C-4F4D-B10E-D15C7E01ED16.jpeg

6C472F8B-6041-4FFF-84AA-179F3535A96F.jpeg

Those fries look great. 

February 11th 2019

Day 6 of 7

Hey All,

Another fun day at Jackson hole mountain resort.  First in line again for the gondola and the usual cast of characters in attendance including Bethlehem guy Bruce who’s lived here for 14 years, Dazzling Dennis and the Florida snowboarder we always see.  First civilian gondola and at the top visibility not that good with flat light and snow falling. Down amphitheater which was good but not like yesterday’s boner doner tits McGee. 

Up Thunder and Down grand which was empty and smooth with about 2” of cream cheese on top of the groomed. Very nice. Sublette was closed due to the wind we had planned on skiing more Teton and Casper woods so went on south pass traverse to Casper lodge.. and up Casper lift.  I did the stash park which had tons of fresh and Atomic Jeff did Moran woods which he said were nice and lots of untracked so we went back there so I could ski it.  It was pretty nice and forgiving.  

We hit up Teton lift which had a pretty long line mainly comprised of Colorado Ikon passholders.  Skied the wahahahooey glades..I found some nice fresh..then did Teton lift again talked to a couple from Golden Colorado who were surprised it was crowded on a Monday..then made our way over to the Marmet chair..skied the woods we did last year with the crew to both the left and right of Sundance.  I had like five faceshots like 25 feet from the main run but ducked a rope to get them since I’m a badass..skied back to Marmet rode Marmet again and did the same run and I got a couple more faceshots..then took a combination of woods down to within about 800 vert above the base then took Sundance back down. 

We just hit up the mangy moose moose and I saw the guy who bummed a slice of Pizza off JFDan and we had a beer left in our second pitcher which I gave to him.  Looking like somewhere around a foot plus of new snow on tap for tomorrow which is our last ski day..

Here’s some photos from today.  I didn’t take many as it was cold out and bad visibility. 

423A9512-171C-4D79-8BD1-E02D679E406F.jpeg

AC309F5A-4D24-4084-AFD5-F6E036D3EA60.jpeg

11D746E7-7C2D-4B1F-9EC4-A0A5D3FC736F.jpeg

• Like 9