gift cards

0mg

On 2/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, enjoralas said:

Lol, you simply don’t understand the difference between a liquid asset, and merchandise, which is what you have. The reason they WOULDN’T give you cash, is because WHAT THEY GAVE YOU ISN’T WORTH $1500!

The Blue bux or whatever they call it is their way of rewarding their front line grunts with something that feels like it’s worth a lot more than it is. They give you mountain credit knowing that you will have to trade it in for things that ACTUALLY cost  them far less than the price on the tag. And if they get redeemed for passes, even better, because the marginal cost is negligent and the reduced potential liability (this is what a gift card truly represents to a merchant) is significant.

Look, I’ve been real nice to you in this thread so far, but I can tell we’re simply not playing on the same mental plane here, so for this one last post, i’ll speak your language:

You are a ignorant moron who doesn’t understand the basic concepts of economics. I fear for you to think that sandwich slinger at Blue Mountain might have been your primary source of income, but considering racking up that much Blue Bux at 4 bits an hour – well, I just pray there are no dependents.

You’re obviously not the sharpest edge in the ski shop because if you had more brains in your head than shit in your pants you would have at some point in the 5 alleged years you were employed at Blue found some way to get yourself into a more lucrative situation there than hairnet jockey, maybe giving lessons and hustling for tips and picking up some real coin instead of drowning in the grease trap and thinking you were getting one over on the man every time you snuck a chicken finger when the boss wasn’t looking.

I’ve never spoked pot (sic) in my life, not that I give a rat’s ass what some toothless zinc-y no name coward on the Internet thinks of me anyway. Have fun trying to hawk your gift cards on the elsewhere of life; realize that you came into the middle of a hangout of a couple dozen of the most hardcore Blue regulars that exist, people who are at the mountain literally every weekend, and couldn’t comport yourself with enough decorum, intelligence and dignity to get a decent cash return for your non-cash (I really can’t stress that too many times) asset, so good fuckin’ luck with the Toms, Dicks and Harrys of the world. I hope you get your kidneys harvested in a Craigslist sale gone wrong.

Fuck Off And Die, and please try to center all the toppings on my Quarter Pounder the next time I come through the drive-thru, I hate it when you fuckers just sling that shit in there all willy nilly and I get a half a cheese slice stuck to the package.

I don't like getting involved but i pointed that guy in the right direction for his gift cards.  There is something wrong with this world when someone tries something and gets attacked for it.  He tried to sell gift cards and nobody here had any respect for him.  Value on gift cards your right are just a number on a card but if you buy food your saving money so it is still worth what is on the card then attacking him for what job he might have had up there you don't have any idea what he did and from what i hear up there if you become full time you get good benefits and start making real money unlike a seasonal employee so have a little courtesy in this screwed up world we live in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So you joined this message board to post about what assholes we all are for not wanting to buy gift cards at face value?  And in doing so writing the longest run on sentence I have ever read. Got it. Welcome to PASR. Looking forward to your trip reports. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, diehard skier said:

I don't like getting involved but i pointed that guy in the right direction for his gift cards.  There is something wrong with this world when someone tries something and gets attacked for it.  He tried to sell gift cards and nobody here had any respect for him.  Value on gift cards your right are just a number on a card but if you buy food your saving money so it is still worth what is on the card then attacking him for what job he might have had up there you don't have any idea what he did and from what i hear up there if you become full time you get good benefits and start making real money unlike a seasonal employee so have a little courtesy in this screwed up world we live in.

Ok 

4 minutes ago, Barb said:

So you joined this message board to post about what assholes we all are for not wanting to buy gift cards at face value?  And in doing so writing the longest run on sentence I have ever read. Got it. Welcome to PASR. Looking forward to your trip reports. 

The gift card was 314 dollars and he wanted 280 how is that face value?

@diehard skier I say this with all sincerity; all the energy and time you are going to put into fighting on the internet.....do something constructive instead. Go ski, take pictures, post them here. We want new members here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, diehard skier said:

Learn to read.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because we already receive a 10% discount on Blue mountain food and merchandise already as season pass holders. 

Can you use this gift card toward your next season pass payment? If you can, this has an edge over your 10% discount.

• Like 1

Can you use this gift card toward your next season pass payment? If you can, this has an edge over your 10% discount.

This got me thinking. Does anyone know if you can use a season pass discount to buy a gift card, then use the gift card to buy next year’s pass? Does the 10% only apply to food and gear?

42 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

This got me thinking. Does anyone know if you can use a season pass discount to buy a gift card, then use the gift card to buy next year’s pass? Does the 10% only apply to food and gear?

No season pass discount on gift cards. Using it for next years season pass is a valid use for it. Still not worth it. 10 percent off giftcards are available in any quantity on Black Friday. And no risk, because you bought them yourself. The risk of a gift card purchase from an unknown buyer is worth more than a 10 percent discount.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@diehard skier I say this with all sincerity; all the energy and time you are going to put into fighting on the internet.....do something constructive instead. Go ski, take pictures, post them here. We want new members here.

This....

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf...I think he’s been banned sorry. 

I hereby respectfully submit to the high courts of PASR a petition to unban 0mg, a.k.a. gift cards, to permit the facilitation of this transaction with Eaf... and also for da lolz. 

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty sad example of bullying here IMO. You dont like his offer, pass on it. I saw no need for the attacks and, apparently, a banning. I realize some of you folks aren't too far removed from high school, but that doesnt mean you should act like it. 

This isn't eBay though.  Try hopping on any forum and using your first post to sell something and see what happens.  Gotta contribute something before you use it as a tool for personal gain. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty sad example of bullying here IMO. You dont like his offer, pass on it. I saw no need for the attacks and, apparently, a banning. I realize some of you folks aren't too far removed from high school, but that doesnt mean you should act like it. 

No this is our forum and it’s bad netiquette for somebody with zero posts to try and sell stuff.  It’s not bullying we gave our opinion..and our opinion is that gift cards is a retarded douchebag 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

He was never banned.  I made that up in an attempt to start a rumor.   I love the fuckery and you’re a cum guzzling homo..sorry if I bullied you..

• Like 1