gift cards

0mg

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not the best form, sure. I expect the reception would have been better if he had offered a larger discount. But not liking the deal he is offering doesnt make him malicious.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...anyway if this was my page I wouldn’t allow sales until poster has 100 posts and they’d have to be quality posts...

11 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

This isn't eBay though.  Try hopping on any forum and using your first post to sell something and see what happens.  Gotta contribute something before you use it as a tool for personal gain. 

QFT.

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty sad example of bullying here IMO. You dont like his offer, pass on it. I saw no need for the attacks and, apparently, a banning. I realize some of you folks aren't too far removed from high school, but that doesnt mean you should act like it. 

Understandably you go out of your way to save a dollar.  If Mr. Giftcards would have spent some time here first, he would have been able to figure out that his target audience for his 10% off giftcards is a really small percentage of the people here.  Personally the deal seemed super shady to me, and didnt interest me in the least.  The amount of hoops one was going to have to jump through in order to feel like giving a complete stranger cash for a piece of Blue Mountain plastic was a great deal where too significant, to save 30$-40$.  Risk reward wasnt worth it in my book.  

Everybody likes to save money, but i always feel like my time (anytime) has a value, and these giftcards were going to require some time to get a hold of, and confirm the legitimacy of them.  I am amazed at what people on ebay will pay for giftcards, and lift tickets that could be worth absolutely nothing.  

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

QFT.

Understandably you go out of your way to save a dollar.  If Mr. Giftcards would have spent some time here first, he would have been able to figure out that his target audience for his 10% off giftcards is a really small percentage of the people here.  Personally the deal seemed super shady to me, and didnt interest me in the least.  The amount of hoops one was going to have to jump through in order to feel like giving a complete stranger cash for a piece of Blue Mountain plastic was a great deal where too significant, to save 30$-40$.  Risk reward wasnt worth it in my book.  

Everybody likes to save money, but i always feel like my time (anytime) has a value, and these giftcards were going to require some time to get a hold of, and confirm the legitimacy of them.  I am amazed at what people on ebay will pay for giftcards, and lift tickets that could be worth absolutely nothing.  

I can't remember if it was you I told, but I sold a $100 fogo de chao gift card on Ebay to someone in Nevada for $90!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Right, it wasnt a real attractive deal was the real problem. If he was offering 40% off they would have been snapped right up if someone could arrange a secure way to do the transaction - newcomer or no. I just don't get why the hostility. 

Read back over 6 pages of all the reasons why. 

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Right, it wasnt a real attractive deal was the real problem. If he was offering 40% off they would have been snapped right up if someone could arrange a secure way to do the transaction - newcomer or no. I just don't get why the hostility. 

he faced hostility because he joined this site simply to sell something that was at best a bad deal and at worst a scam

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Read back over 6 pages of all the reasons why. 

THIS. My first reply was very civil, pointing out why his discount was too shallow, and then he insulted me. Then I tried to explain ( a little less so, but still pretty civilly) why his reasoning was unlikely to result in success, in particular his ridiculous ascertations regarding taxes. He then decided to insult me again, so I decided to have fun. No regerts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

THIS. My first reply was very civil, pointing out why his discount was too shallow, and then he insulted me. Then I tried to explain ( a little less so, but still pretty civilly) why his reasoning was unlikely to result in success, in particular his ridiculous ascertations regarding taxes. He then decided to insult me again, so I decided to have fun. No regerts.

Ski2Live does not like the bullying. 

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I recieved these southwest drink coupons after charging thousands of dollars for goods and services on my southwest credit card. If anyone wants to buy them from me i will discount them 10%. 

$6345. Let me know. 

C0F6B5D2-AE8D-49F8-9079-D6B46D0B5C67.thumb.jpeg.ccd69c509111c5cd763b64f8d34c091b.jpeg

I’ll give you a brisk high five for four. That’s a deal. 

Edited by toast21602

I recieved these southwest drink coupons after charging thousands of dollars for goods and services on my southwest credit card. If anyone wants to buy them from me i will discount them 10%. 
$6345. Let me know. 
C0F6B5D2-AE8D-49F8-9079-D6B46D0B5C67.thumb.jpeg.ccd69c509111c5cd763b64f8d34c091b.jpeg

These would be worth more if they replaced Miller and Bud with something like
Levante, Tired Hands, Lost Tavern, Imprint, etc....

Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I’ll have you a brisk high five for four. That’s a deal. 

Thats what is commonly known as a lowball offer in negotiations. Did you miss the part where i had to spend thousands to get theses?  They dont give these out to just anybody, you know. 

$6345. Let me know. 

Check your DM’s
  • Like 1

Just now, JFskiDan said:

Thats what is commonly known as a lowball offer in negotiations. Did you miss the part where i had to spend thousands to get theses?  They dont give these out to just anybody, you know. 

I’m giving you a high FIVE for FOUR tickets. Sounds like I’m losing out and taking one for the team here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phillycore said:

These would be worth more if they replaced Miller and Bud with something like
Levante, Tired Hands, Lost Tavern, Imprint, etc....

Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always drink spirits. They might have a microbrew like Sam Adams Boston lager. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich