Blue Saturday 2/9

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Skied with mute, Schiff, and indiggio. Today was good, snow on switch was the best I thought. Windy but sun was shining and it wasn't too cold.

Wind was off the hook today, bad on Lazy and lower Main Street.

Saw @zzslope and @tarponhead today too.

They reset the bumps and seemed to have blown a coating across the entire mountain which really helped bring up the conditions a lot.
With the rain, warmth and then sudden temp drop and wind, I was expecting some horrible conditions, but everything was actually pretty decent.

They mowed down the bumps and blew on top of them which made for some very good bump runs the entire day.  Kudos to Blue for that!

Would have been a really good day had it not been for the wind.

Should be a good one tomorrow, with winds dying out and temps a little bit higher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Took day off after hard day skiing at Elk yesterday, and Pops had to work this morning. Be there tomorrow for a Sausage Sunday!

Probably cancelling Sausage Sunday. Pops is having some knee pain and not planning on skiing. He has all the tailgating equipment, and no chance I'm going out to get it at this hour 

• Sad 3

Saturday was firm but pretty good, (I thought it was going to be bad because of the warmth on Friday then quick overnight freeze). As indiggio said the bumps were good. I was back up this morning and everything was better than Saturday, 19 degrees when I arrived with no wind. Crowd was much smaller than yesterday, razors and NMDW were closed for racing. The blue baumer glade was really slick, I think you could run a luge through there, it is like skiing in a large rain gutter. Be back Tuesday a.m. depending on the forecasted ice storm.

• Like 2