Sunday 2/10

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Fun morning. Was up for first chair and skied til almost 11. The snow was more firm then yesterday but less wind and lift lines were mild. Challenge was rough but everything else was firm and grippy. NM/DW opened around 10 but Razor’s was closed for a race. Johnny Law, TP4, Shif, MattEdge, Indiggo, GSSucks, Justo, Rose, KT, and Ty were in attendance. Hung in the lot for a beer and dipped out around 1130.

Probably not as fun as JHMR this morning though! #jhdreaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mute1080 said:

Fun morning. Was up for first chair and skied til almost 11. The snow was more firm then yesterday but less wind and lift lines were mild. Challenge was rough but everything else was firm and grippy. NM/DW opened around 10 but Razor’s was closed for a race. Johnny Law, TP4, Shif, MattEdge, Indiggo, GSSucks, Justo, Rose, KT, and Ty were in attendance. Hung in the lot for a beer and dipped out around 1130.

Probably not as fun as JHMR this morning though! #jhdreaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s any consolation, Jackson hole opened 10 minutes late and I was soaking wet when I was finished skiing. 

• Haha 1

Not a bad day. Falls got cookied up by 10 or so, Didn't touch Challenge because it looked rough. Main Street might have been run of the day, just smooth and grippy. Switchback was really good too, It might be my favorite trail so far on skis as I can really let myself go on that one and I'm feeling like I can lean into some big sweeping turns there and just let the trail do the work while I pick up some decent speed. 

Weird thing I noticed the past two days, while the snow all over the mountain has been pretty consistent and it's the same stuff (just depends on cookies) I took a few runs yesterday and today over to the bottom part of Widowmaker and then to the Chute and Midway. The snow on these three was that chalky stuff that squeaks underfoot and at least on the headwall of Midway it was pretty deep, maybe 4 inches of that stuff on top of the hardpack. Was really strange but kind of fun to mess around on. 

Conditions were variable. Didn’t even go down Challenge, as I heard from several people it was awful. Judging by The Falls, probably was. Cookies on Paradise. For me ROTD was definitely Switchback. Sidewinder was good and they had blown snow on the Main Street bumps, which is great for me, as I’m trying to get more comfortable there. I think the sudden freeze Friday night after 50 degrees really f@cked things up. All in all, can’t complain. 

• Like 1

Not a bad day. Falls got cookied up by 10 or so, Didn't touch Challenge because it looked rough. Main Street might have been run of the day, just smooth and grippy. Switchback was really good too, It might be my favorite trail so far on skis as I can really let myself go on that one and I'm feeling like I can lean into some big sweeping turns there and just let the trail do the work while I pick up some decent speed. 
Weird thing I noticed the past two days, while the snow all over the mountain has been pretty consistent and it's the same stuff (just depends on cookies) I took a few runs yesterday and today over to the bottom part of Widowmaker and then to the Chute and Midway. The snow on these three was that chalky stuff that squeaks underfoot and at least on the headwall of Midway it was pretty deep, maybe 4 inches of that stuff on top of the hardpack. Was really strange but kind of fun to mess around on. 
That has to have been dry snowmaking that didn't see a tiller before opening.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Schif said:

Widowmaker is always at least ankle deep

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Widow maker closed for the race team😡

On Saturday they were running gates on the lower half, I never venture up to the top part of it, but it wasn't closed. You could still scoot down the skiers left side