Sunday 2/10

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

And that's what sucks. Not taking anything away from the people who've died but it's becoming sort of macabre at this point, especially how you put it above (which is probably true). To think that a place that brings me to a happy place of sorts, where I'm smiling ear to ear most of the time has that that type of designation really sucks.

Dude you could have  died last year at Jackson hole.  Skiers and riders have to accept the risks that there are dangers involved. I almost died from alcohol when I was a freshman in college..passed out choked on my own vomit if my roommate hadn’t been there and contacted campus EMS I would have been a footnote in an article about binge drinking. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I wouldn’t be surprised and statistically speaking blue should have a single death about once every 2-3 seasons as there is about one death per one million skier visits and Blue does around 400k annually. 

61820a6e6c99339adbe9fbfe2c79b2f8.jpg

Came across an article today about skiing related deaths. The ten year average is .69 deaths per million visitors (from their data) so Blue is obviously way above average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey all. Got the terrible news sent to me by a couple people so I figured I’d pop back on.
Ive officially made the decision to start wearing a helmet the next time I ride. After 15ish years of riding and having my first “real” injury on a snow or skateboard it’s put some things in perspective. Not to mention I saw first hand a head trauma injury (I believe) in the ski patrol shack when I was in there and it was very frightening. 
Currently taking a lil break from PASR because it’s tough to read when I can’t ride. Sorry, just being honest. I still pop on every couple days to catch up. Keep rippin!:rock

Miss you up there buddy. Glad to hear your getting the helmet. Heal up and we’ll be riding together before you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dude you could have  died last year at Jackson hole.  Skiers and riders have to accept the risks that there are dangers involved. I almost died from alcohol when I was a freshman in college..passed out choked on my own vomit if my roommate hadn’t been there and contacted campus EMS I would have been a footnote in an article about binge drinking. 

Well aware of that and also the fact that my helmet may have saved my life. I think about that alot. It's also the reason why I have very little desire, if any, to ski trees anymore. I made the decision to ski where I did just like I made the decision to change my skiing habits post accident. You won't find me blaming anyone but myself. I think people (myself included at times) are often unprepared for or minimize the risks way too often.

Hey all. Got the terrible news sent to me by a couple people so I figured I’d pop back on.
Ive officially made the decision to start wearing a helmet the next time I ride. After 15ish years of riding and having my first “real” injury on a snow or skateboard it’s put some things in perspective. Not to mention I saw first hand a head trauma injury (I believe) in the ski patrol shack when I was in there and it was very frightening. 
Currently taking a lil break from PASR because it’s tough to read when I can’t ride. Sorry, just being honest. I still pop on every couple days to catch up. Keep rippin!:rock

Wearing a helmet is a good choice but it’s gonna be brutal on that beautiful head of hair you got.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5