Sunday 2/10

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Conditions were variable. Didn’t even go down Challenge, as I heard from several people it was awful.

You can thank the race team for that. They dug a trench on the upper head wall so we can’t ski guns n hoses and push snow on their urea rink.

So essentially the race program did a hit on challenge. Assholes

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Is Challenge ever good? Everytime I ski it it's like skiing on marbles, so I dont even bother. 

The first two runs on a weekend it usually is good but with razors closed for the race team and the narrowness it gets way too much traffic. Challenge is typically lipstick on a pig.  Now later on when the marbles all get pushed off and smoothed our it can be ok. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Is Challenge ever good? Everytime I ski it it's like skiing on marbles, so I dont even bother. 

I thought it was decent on Sunday. It is a difficult run to keep good conditions on because of the high traffic and how narrow it is. This weekend Razors and NMDW was closed so there aren't too many options to get down if that is the case. I do agree, though. It generally does suck compared to everything else on the mountain. 

• Thanks 1

Why are they on challenge?? We've already conceded Razors. I could care less about Widowmaker but why now move onto challenge and start F'ing with conditions there? It's getting silly now. Between Razors and NMDW closed last weekend, now Widowmaker and Army style trenches on Challenge? WTF.

All that said I'll be there tonight. Looking forward to lapping Pioneer Pass.

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Facebook comments on WMFZ are calling for a ban on skiing/snowboarding, and some are suggesting without any evidence that alcohol was to blame.

And not one person (yet) who asked if he was wearing a helmet. 

Just now, toast21602 said:

Heard rumors that it happened in tubing. If true, those people will appear even more like idiots who are calling on a ban of skiing and snowboarding. 

Same thing happened with that kid that fell off the lift earlier this year, people lost their minds. Didn’t it come out he had a seizure and that caused him to fall? 

16 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeti makes more sense as “beginner terrain park” just couldn’t picture the jumps in there being aggressive enough. Probably lost control off of a jump and ran off the trail skiers left

I’m wondering if it happened on one of the little “side hits” that always tend to pop up on the sides of trails. 

Seeing people without helmets kind of makes me crazy, and in my mind, i question their sanity.  Saw people in JH skiing trees without helmets.  I get that these people are the best skiers on the mountain (in their minds), but accidents happen.  I sort of find it crazy too, that not all Blue employees where a helmet either.  Set the example.  

Rental equipment should include a helmet, it shouldnt be optional.  What is there to stop the first time skier from going in the park and making a mess of him/herself?  not much.  

Maybe im in the minority here, but it seems like the falls is becoming more and more of a shit show as well these days.  I know there is a sign at the bottom of lazy, its not great, but there is a sign to try to keep beginners off falls, but most beginners are looking right in front of them, not up and around for signs.  They really need to do something better there to keep beginners from continuing straight down lazy to the falls.  

Accidents are going to happen.  Not just in skiing either.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeti makes more sense as “beginner terrain park” just couldn’t picture the jumps in there being aggressive enough. Probably lost control off of a jump and ran off the trail skiers left

That was my exact thoughts when reading this.  Blue might just be (statistically speaking) the deadliest place to ski in the US.  For sure in the Northeast.  Fuck.  Is it 4 or 5 since the start of 2017 season?  I've lost count.