Blue Mountain Season Pass 19/20

toast21602

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

So place your bets. I never get this right, but im gonna go with same price as last year.

I'm betting $449. There was a slight contraction on all deal prices this year, less discount on gift cards and one day passes sold on Black Friday, so to me that points to a minor increase.

Unless there's a condo balloon payment due. Then all bets are off.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think Blue would generate way more revenue charging $499 vs $399 on the early bird.  No way a $100 increase would decrease season pass sales by 20%..but people aren’t stupid $499 sounds like $500 so they should charge like $485..that’s how I price things. 

Correct. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 7:56 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think Blue would generate way more revenue charging $499 vs $399 on the early bird.  No way a $100 increase would decrease season pass sales by 20%..but people aren’t stupid $499 sounds like $500 so they should charge like $485..that’s how I price things. 

Whether it would have an impact depends on how other competitive mountains price their products. Were Camelback or Peak to offer a $385 pass, I dont think Blue would be smart to come in at $485 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

At $429 I would not rule it out for me, but it would be not worth it for kids who, only being with me alternate weekends and skiing one day those weekends, would get no more than 7 days in before the following years passes would likely be available the weekend after presidents day. Makes sense to do it alternate years and get a pass good for 1.3 seasons each time.

Then the question becomes whether it is worth doing for me is it meant when I skied Blue with kids I would have to endure the non VIP weekend lines. And in the final analysis the answer to that is no as well. 

Look forward to seeing if Montage offers some real nice deals as they have been on this years passes with sales the last couple months - perhaps they need cash.

And will see what Peak has to offer, which could be worthwhile doing even at a higher price if we made Hunter a regular destination and planned a couple trips to their New England mountains instead of going out west next year.

Or may go back to PA S&R cards and other deals that can be found.