Blue Mountain Season Pass 19/20

toast21602

Antics with pass dates and quantities are BS. These things arent rare earth minerals, just arbitrary self created shortages designed to manipulate prospective purchasers. Weaker even than the farewell tours that the Who have been doing for more than half of their career. 

You announce a date things are available til, you should stick to it.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Facebook is saying less than 100 passes left. Do I fall for their bluff, wait till 3/31 or hope to get free pass by being their new social media coordinator. 

i saw that, got shook, fell for the bluff, and i think purchased a pass yesterday.  i say "i think" because i used my phone and their mobile site is an absolute disaster.  i order stuff online a fair amount and have never dealt with a worse site to make a purchase.  it is a tradition for me to send two confirmation emails to blue, one a few days after i buy the pass, and another one a few days before the season starts, just to confirm I am indeed actually a pass holder.  i will certainly have to do that this time

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Facebook is saying less than 100 passes left. Do I fall for their bluff, wait till 3/31 or hope to get free pass by being their new social media coordinator. 

I think its unlikely you will get a free pass.  If its really a big deal not to spend it now, i still have the picture of the sign that says $429 till April 1.  I was planning on throwing that back at them if it did mysteriously go up before i purchased mine.  I got my Epic Pass saturday though.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i saw that, got shook, fell for the bluff, and i think purchased a pass yesterday.  i say "i think" because i used my phone and their mobile site is an absolute disaster.  i order stuff online a fair amount and have never dealt with a worse site to make a purchase.  it is a tradition for me to send two confirmation emails to blue, one a few days after i buy the pass, and another one a few days before the season starts, just to confirm I am indeed actually a pass holder.  i will certainly have to do that this time

I have major anxiety opening day because my pass usually doesn’t work.  Doesn’t help that there are two of me in their records one with last name first and one with first name first.  

If i owned blue the season pass prices would be as follows.  $419 until March 1st..$449 until April 1st..$499 until April 30th and then bump it to $550 until like October than have a $499 or $449 sale until Black Friday.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think its unlikely you will get a free pass.  If its really a big deal not to spend it now, i still have the picture of the sign that says $429 till April 1.  I was planning on throwing that back at them if it did mysteriously go up before i purchased mine.  I got my Epic Pass saturday though.  

No not really a big deal not to spend it now I just like the fuckery.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have major anxiety opening day because my pass usually doesn’t work.  Doesn’t help that there are two of me in their records one with last name first and one with first name first.  

If i owned blue the season pass prices would be as follows.  $419 until March 1st..$449 until April 1st..$499 until April 30th and then bump it to $550 until like October than have a $499 or $449 sale until Black Friday.  

If i owned Blue, it would be because i have too much money, and just like to ski.  There would be no daily ticket sales.  Season passes for PASR's in good standing would be $600, others would pay $2000.  

The 6 fuckers on the lift with me Saturday would pay more, and would most likely have to ski with GSS's maids outfit for at least a few days.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Antics with pass dates and quantities are BS. These things arent rare earth minerals, just arbitrary self created shortages designed to manipulate prospective purchasers. Weaker even than the farewell tours that the Who have been doing for more than half of their career. 

You announce a date things are available til, you should stick to it.

I don't disagree with you but weren't you actually calling for them to release the quantity left (or was the Eaf)?

I've been debating if it's cost effective for me this coming season or if I just buy daily tix until the following years pass comes out.
I'm also afraid that if I don't buy it now, that I'll say fuck it and just not go.
Having the pass is incentive to use it.
Not having one or being over the break even point sometimes makes me say...fuck waking up at 4:30am and getting there anytime after 10am on a weekend is pointless.

Day tripping around until the passes come out....doesn't really sound too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, phillycore said:

I've been debating if it's cost effective for me this coming season or if I just buy daily tix until the following years pass comes out.
I'm also afraid that if I don't buy it now, that I'll say fuck it and just not go.
Not having one or being over the break even point sometimes makes me say...fuck waking up at 4:30am and getting there anytime after 10am on a weekend is pointless.

Day tripping around until the passes come out....doesn't really sound too bad either.

I think I can speak for us all that we would be super bummed if we didn't see you at Blue next year. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 5

They use to do 10 ski day guarantee. I couldn’t find it with a quick search but I’ll look later. If you only go 7 days, you get 30% back.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Its not marketing its a $$$$ thing, once they hit the number they need for early pass sales aka float them a loan its behooves them to raise the price because they aren't saving any money on taking a loan.

I'm just here to say thank you for saying 'behooves.'

Carry on.

• Like 1

They use to do 10 ski day guarantee. I couldn’t find it with a quick search but I’ll look later. If you only go 7 days, you get 30% back.

Two seasons ago I only used my season pass twice in the beginning of the season.
It was completely on me.
I didn't / wouldn't have even asked if they had something like that.
We all know the risks in this sport, and in purchasing something in advance....
Win some..lose some...

• Like 1