Blue Mountain Season Pass 19/20

toast21602

1 hour ago, phillycore said:

I've been debating if it's cost effective for me this coming season or if I just buy daily tix until the following years pass comes out.
I'm also afraid that if I don't buy it now, that I'll say fuck it and just not go.
Having the pass is incentive to use it.
Not having one or being over the break even point sometimes makes me say...fuck waking up at 4:30am and getting there anytime after 10am on a weekend is pointless.

Day tripping around until the passes come out....doesn't really sound too bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I considered just doing day trips/finding discounted tickets until next years pass comes out, but I just ended up getting the pass for 2019/20 instead.  The past 10 years or so, I only got out 5 or 6 times a season, plus a trip out west.  Having a season pass again got me out pretty much every weekend that I was free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

030bab890e07013454264c326d880faa.jpg

Looks like they got rid of that 10 day policy.

I never heard of ten day policy but I think Phillycore should buy a season pass...I remember when Phillycore was an instructor and skied out west most seasons and I think this season he wasn’t there much but probably cause of having a new girlfriend and serious love for craft beer.  Life is too short to not ski much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I considered just doing day trips/finding discounted tickets until next years pass comes out, but I just ended up getting the pass for 2019/20 instead.  The past 10 years or so, I only got out 5 or 6 times a season, plus a trip out west.  Having a season pass again got me out pretty much every weekend that I was free. 

If you don’t have a season pass you cherry pick your days which means much fewer ski days. 

Two seasons ago I only used my season pass twice in the beginning of the season.
It was completely on me.
I didn't / wouldn't have even asked if they had something like that.
We all know the risks in this sport, and in purchasing something in advance....
Win some..lose some...

4 years ago when I tore my ACL, I know that was the policy. I had gone about 15 times by the time I tore it so no refund.

12 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

4 years ago when I tore my ACL, I know that was the policy. I had gone about 15 times by the time I tore it so no refund.

Atomic Jeff received a pass for the following season when he broke his leg and he had 15 days at Blue before that.  I don’t know what happened with PARidge a few years ago but I think he got something back from blue. 

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you don’t have a season pass you cherry pick your days which means much fewer ski days. 

Oddly there is no way that this year - my first with a pass - I will hit the 31 I skied last year (my record).

Largely cause last year had a bunch of snow days mid week while this year I have skied only weekends and holidays. 

Plus extended season with late April trip to Sunday River piggybacked on work flying me to MA.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Oddly there is no way that this year - first with a pass - Inwill hit the 31 I skied last year (my record).

Largely cause last year had a bunch of snow days mid week while this year I have skied only weekends and holidays.

Well you rarely ski both weekend days so that cuts down on days.  

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Oddly there is no way that this year - my first with a pass - I will hit the 31 I skied last year (my record).

Plus extended season with late April trip to Sunday River piggybacked on work flying me to MA.

You’d have to take some weekends in April up to hunter and mount snow and or take a trip out west to equal 31 days. Still 2-3 more weekends at Blue. 

• Like 1

Atomic Jeff received a pass for the following season when he broke his leg and he had 15 days at Blue before that.  I don’t know what happened with PARidge a few years ago but I think he got something back from blue. 

They prorated it and cut me a check. Was more than I anticipated and was very grateful for it. I'm fairly certain that i wasn't at 15 days though.

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

They prorated it and cut me a check. Was more than I anticipated and was very grateful for it. I'm fairly certain that i wasn't at 15 days though.

You were at like 8 I think. My bad 7 at blue and one elsewhere.  I’m trying to memorize everybody’s stats for all the years and not quite there yet. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

No they have not been to Hunter. I dont find the crowds or patrons there any worse than at Blue.

I view Hunter and Blue as Catskills/Blue equivalents - the largest and most crowded places in each with the most folks skiing beyond their abilities.

Though as with all things Catskills, it is larger and more challenging than PA "equivalents"

If they dont like Hunter, they will do more Frost and Snow. Hunter will most likely be my go to place without them. Def the most challenging high speed lift served terrain I can day trip to.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 hours ago, phillycore said:

I've been debating if it's cost effective for me this coming season or if I just buy daily tix until the following years pass comes out.
I'm also afraid that if I don't buy it now, that I'll say fuck it and just not go.
Having the pass is incentive to use it.
Not having one or being over the break even point sometimes makes me say...fuck waking up at 4:30am and getting there anytime after 10am on a weekend is pointless.

Day tripping around until the passes come out....doesn't really sound too bad either.

Buy the pass.  Oh, and BTW, you are going out west next year.  

I do get the idea of waiting until next years pass comes out, but my god that is really a long time to not have one.  Before i had a season pass to JFBB, i skied like 2-3 times a year.  I hated shelling out window price.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Buy the pass.  Oh, and BTW, you are going out west next year.  
I do get the idea of waiting until next years pass comes out, but my god that is really a long time to not have one.  Before i had a season pass to JFBB, i skied like 2-3 times a year.  I hated shelling out window price.  

I skied in Vt this season...without the drive.....so that's gotta count for something....lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JFDan maybe you can sit on the middle seat on the plane between me and Phillycore. Don’t worry I’ll lose 50 pounds over the summer. 

Unlikely. I bet the flight attendant would ask him to vacate his seat like the lift ride the other day that I heard about 😂

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JFDan maybe you can sit on the middle seat on the plane between me and Phillycore. Don’t worry I’ll lose 50 pounds over the summer. 

I'm a fan of the isle seat lately.  Easier to get up to go potty.  

40 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Unlikely. I bet the flight attendant would ask him to vacate his seat like the lift ride the other day that I heard about 😂

It would behoove you to probably take the silent route on this.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1