Blue Mountain Season Pass 19/20

toast21602

36 minutes ago, phillycore said:

So @ $429 the break even point when a lift ticket is $63......7 weekend visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, but 7 visits with my kids before the following year passes go on sale happens only if we dont go to more of a destination resort over winter break and weather doesnt keep us home any time.

Also it means we dont get variety skiing other places any of those weekends.

And Break even is calculated based on not getting other deals. If I can get a bunch of PA Ski and Ride cards for $75 or so good for a day each at JFBB, CB, Blue and Shawnee (but only after New Years), and use other dealso including the BOGOs we get with our seasonal rentals, we can make out a lot better and get more variety.

Really the only argument pro Blue Season Passes for the family next year is the VIP line. 

I would actually count the break even number of visits as closer to 6 though as the Buddy Pass has value.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

33 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep, but 7 visits with my kids before the following year passes go on sale happens only if we dont go to more of a destination resort over winter break and weather doesnt keep us home any time.

And Break even is calculated based on not getting other deals. If I can get a bunch of PA Ski and Ride cards for $75 or so good for a day each at JFBB, CB, Blue and Shawnee (but only after New Years), and use other dealso including the BOGOs we get with our seasonal rentals, we can make out a lot better and get more variety.

Really the only argument pro Blue Season Passes for the family next year is the VIP line. 

I would actually count the break even number of visits as closer to 6 though as the Buddy Pass has value.

You know you can ski both weekend days. 

I'm right at the break even point this season. (I'm actually over if I count the end of last season)

One year I had a season pass to blue and made it there twice.

FWIW.... I'm planning on getting a pass to Blue again for next season.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Where are you getting these cards? Lately it became a pain with only a few cards available through the ski club, and securing them becomes quite a race.

1 minute ago, phillycore said:

I'm right at the break even point this season.
One year I had a season pass to blue and made it there twice. (That sucked)

If you had a season pass to Levante you’d get your money’s worth.  I’m glad you’re a passholder at Blue and seems like you have your skiing stoke back again!!!!  I do my best to not let friends drop out from skiing. Let’s both do a PASR fat club challenge and as your reward you can ski out west somewhere next season. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You know you can ski both weekend days. 

If I am going to ski both days on a weekend, it makes more sense to get a hotel than to do 2 round trips. But

- with Blue getting too crowded to be enjoyable by mid day on weekends, it leaves us with a lot of down time between the ski mornings

- hotel options near Blue leave something to be desired

- if I am going to get a hotel rather than day tripping, I would generally go somewhere further/bigger/better or if not bigger then go to 2 different resorts on the 2 days - so more likely to do it in Catskills or VT

If I lived 30 minutes from Blue (as many of you do) instead of 90 min to get there and 100 to get home, season passes every year would be an automatic buy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

They only had 6 available this year. And by the time you know whether you can get them or not, it's too late to jump on other deals. Too risky, in other words.

They did not sell out this year until making an extra plea to see if anyone else wanted to purchase them. So I am glad to take my chances next year unless a better deal pops up. 

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Is it just murder for you trying to make a large purchase like a car or home?  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

They did not sell out this year until making an extra plea to see if anyone else wanted to purchase them. So I am glad to take my chances next year unless a better deal pops up. 

Oh, now it's getting interesting. How do you usually learn about the availability of the cards? Through a meeting, email, some personal contact? I've got an email on 12/05 like below.

pasrc.png

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

Oh, now it's getting interesting. How do you usually learn about the availability of the cards? Through a meeting, email, some personal contact? I've got an email on 12/05 like below.

pasrc.png

Only 6 cards still available doesnt equal only 6 were ever available. I usually email the guy there in charge of getting the cards for updates when I know I will want the cards. When the cards were not selling out, he emailed past cardpurchasers directly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Is it just murder for you trying to make a large purchase like a car or home?  

Not really, I do make a thorough analysis before doing it though. I knew exactly what car I wanted before contacting any dealerships. 

I spent all of about 5 minutes analyzing whether season passes to Blue made sense to me at this price. 

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not really, I do make a thorough analysis before doing it though. I knew exactly what car I wanted before contacting any dealerships. 

I spent all of about 5 minutes analyzing whether season passes to Blue made sense to me at this price. 

I hope you didn’t negotiate on the car price.  Car salesman need that commish. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

34 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If I am going to ski both days on a weekend, it makes more sense to get a hotel than to do 2 round trips. But

- with Blue getting too crowded to be enjoyable by mid day on weekends, it leaves us with a lot of down time between the ski mornings

- hotel options near Blue leave something to be desired

- if I am going to get a hotel rather than day tripping, I would generally go somewhere further/bigger/better or if not bigger then go to 2 different resorts on the 2 days - so more likely to do it in Catskills or VT

If I lived 30 minutes from Blue (as many of you do) instead of 90 min to get there and 100 to get home, season passes every year would be an automatic buy. 

I wish we were better friends. I’d let you crash in my hotel.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They could raise the 6th grade girls price for 7th grade by the same amount they are raising the price I would pay for an adult pass (that is to $129), and they would then have 3 sales, and sell a bunch more pizzas and cocoas - just sayin', in case anyone who reads this is from Blue and is contemplating offering 7th grade deals 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1