Never been to Blue. Something wrong with my Medulla Oblongata?

First of all, I’ve been lurking this site for literally years now enjoying the daily reports and general antics.  I did notice a major decline in safety breaks this year.  You guys ok?  

Anyway, I’ve skiied Tremblant, Stratton, Killington, Huntah, Shawnee “Hi this is Jim”, Vernon Valley (never MC.  Cabriolet = No way), and mostly Camelbeach.  In fifth grade I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and blamed it on the dog.  Now married with children minus the ren.  Expert skier? You better be.  I’m old (well that’s what the college chicks tell me)  Anyway, enough about me, let’s boogie... 

I got one day to ski this year.  Uno.  That’s it and that’s all.  Likely hitting The Loft to rent some high performance gear (just call me moneybags) and then head up to the lower lot to lap Cliffhanger.  I hear they cut a wicked new trail this year.  However, I keep reading these badass parking lot, I mean trip reports and I’m thinking maybe, just maybe I’ll try a true mountain.  It would be a challenge.  I’m tired of Nile, sick of Marjie’s and my Honeymoon is long over.  But I do have a picture on my wall and it reminds me that it’s not so bad.  Still reading?  Wow. Ok.  So, if you had one day to ski or ride this year and it had to be either Aquatopia or Blue, what would you do? That’s some deep shit right there, a lot of pressure.  Do you go for the tried and true or do you go for the Blue?  Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back, just to chat, truly yours your biggest fan.  

What Phillycore said. If you can do it on a weekday and willing to deviate, you won't beat Elk.

If it has to be between Blue and Camel, to me it's an easy choice. Blue on a weekday, Camel on a weekend. For one ski day, would prefer Blue. But on a weekend with no VIP access, the lines would be intolerable. At least at Camel you would have the singles line at the quad and several fixed grip options with shorter waits. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Welcome and why only one ski day???  Life is too short for that...

Life moves pretty fast.  I’m one of those winners with three part time jobs.  I used to have a season pass to the camel back when high button shoes were in style.  

Not trolling, just a sixer deep of this Copper Lager.  Yeah it’s Budweiser.  It ain’t that bad, stop laughing. 

I’ll be hitting either Blue or Cameltop in early March.  I never ski weekends.  I’m going to lick my palms and start moaning and wailing on the phone for one job, use a personal day for the other, and I’ll straight up NCNS the night shift.

Blue seems to have better stats, but looks like a lot of runoff.  I see you guys like Nightmare to DW, some hit Main St and all that.  How does a typical run compare to the Camel?  40 second runs over there get old,  but whatever.  

When I go, I’ll be sure to make a GSS happy and post lots of pics of female bartenders.  Parking lot beers (Natty Ice) and I’ll be flying solo.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Blue runs are more like a minute and a half. Switchback is about 45 seconds long but takes some time on tuts lane to get there from the peak and then another minute or so on shuttle and the falls.  Let me know when you’re coming to Blue on a weekday.  I’ll try to bribe my boss with some pierogies to get the day off.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue runs are more like a minute and a half. Switchback is about 45 seconds long but takes some time on tuts lane to get there from the peak and then another minute or so on shuttle and the falls.  Let me know when you’re coming to Blue on a weekday.  I’ll try to bribe my boss with some pierogies to get the day off.  

Appreciate the response and if I do decide on Blue, I’ll let you know.  I’m certain I won’t slow you down.  I used to ski daily when I lived closer to CB.  First time on sticks was a hair over 30 years ago.  

1 minute ago, MakeGretskysHeadBleedAgain said:

Appreciate the response and if I do decide on Blue, I’ll let you know.  I’m certain I won’t slow you down.  I used to ski daily when I lived closer to CB.  First time on sticks was a hair over 30 years ago.  

If you ski 10% slower than me than I’ll have to wait like 7-8 seconds for you.  I can manage that.  What kind of skis do you have?  I actually learned to ski 30 years ago but didn’t ski a lot until I could get my drivers license 23 years ago.  Do you like trains?  A lot of train lovers on this forum..I sometimes read the little engine that could if I want to be inspired. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you ski 10% slower than me than I’ll have to wait like 7-8 seconds for you.  I can manage that.  What kind of skis do you have?  I actually learned to ski 30 years ago but didn’t ski a lot until I could get my drivers license 23 years ago.  Do you like trains?  A lot of train lovers on this forum..I sometimes read the little engine that could if I want to be inspired. 

If Gordon counts, then yeah I dig trains.  You wouldn’t have to wait for me.  I don’t ski much anymore but I used to a lot and got sick of the local hill.  Rented a board back in the Picrave days and had fun with it.  Got back into skiing about a decade ago but haven’t gone much since 2016.  I used to ski 205s back in the early 90s.  We thought we looked so cool.  Last year I sold my 168 RTMs cause I needed the greenbacks at the time.  

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, eaf said:

So, you're between three jobs, ski once a year and yet spend enough time lurking on this site as the thread clearly shows.

Why, if you don't mind me asking?

Because you’re #1 that’s why.  Yeah I have 3 jobs but I tend to load up PASR for #2 or late at night.  Yesterday was an unusually slow day so I figured I’d finally say hi, and today’s snow slowed things down too. 

Edited by MakeGretskysHeadBleedAgain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MakeGretskysHeadBleedAgain said:

Because you’re #1 that’s why.  Yeah I have 3 jobs but I tend to load up PASR for #2 or late at night.  Yesterday was an unusually slow day so I figured I’d finally say hi.  

We’re glad to have you here.  Don’t let jealous haters like Eaf bring you down.  He only has two jobs...one involves work and the other comes more natural and that’s being a tool. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We’re glad to have you here.  Don’t let jealous haters like Eaf bring you down.  He only has two jobs...one involves work and the other comes more natural and that’s being a tool. 

Thanks.  Glad to be here too.  You guys always make me laugh and the best part of my day is reading your trip reports and parking lot sausages and beers.  It’s almost like I’m there.  Thanks for that.  I’ve been reading them for years on end. I’ve never been to Blue yet, but I can tell you that I’ll never park in the upper lot! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MakeGretskysHeadBleedAgain said:

Thanks.  Glad to be here too.  You guys always make me laugh and the best part of my day is reading your trip reports and parking lot sausages and beers.  It’s almost like I’m there.  Thanks for that.  I’ve been reading them for years on end. I’ve never been to Blue yet, but I can tell you that I’ll never park in the upper lot! 

So, do you know anybody on this site?

17 minutes ago, MakeGretskysHeadBleedAgain said:

The upper lot is lame. You should come to Blue this weekend. I’d give you my buddy pass but I’ve already offered it to Zonked

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The upper lot is lame. You should come to Blue this weekend. I’d give you my buddy pass but I’ve already offered it to Zonked

Yep, gonna be the best weekend ever. President's one. Looking for a rock to go under already.

• Sad 1