2/12/19 Root got ‘recked on Razors Runout

zzslope

Would have been nice to get a decent snowfall overnight.  that would have pushed me into going this morning, but i'm not sure it was really even snowing there this morning when i looked.  

I will probably ski Friday am.  How do you think the glades will be?  asking for a friend.  

• Like 1

Would have been nice to get a decent snowfall overnight.  that would have pushed me into going this morning, but i'm not sure it was really even snowing there this morning when i looked.  
I will probably ski Friday am.  How do you think the glades will be?  asking for a friend.  

There were what looked like a bunch of school group kids in Blue Baumer last night. One of which, of course, appeared to have fallen. Seemed ok but SMH.

Root and I were up, I got an hour in before going to work. First two runs were a carpet, just a skiff over groomed.

Root took a beater on razors first run, there are a set of sleeper rollers that werent marked. He did a complete roll in the air, he took a bunch more runs and seemed ok but it was a pretty good thump.

Hope your feeling ok dude.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Root got ‘recked on Razors Runout

First chair with Jlaw.  Money run down Razors.

The fucking ski team decided that it would be a good idea to install a set of rollers on the flat runout, skiers right by the bushes. The fucking redcoats (at least two of them) decided this unnatural man made feature didn’t need any markings, and in the super flat light this morning,  I didn’t see them until it was too last. I made it ok over the first one, got launched off the second one and landed on the knuckle of the fourth one, one ski shot off, and rocketed past JLaw who helped me back. Took a rest while he skied another run, did 4 more after that and it turned to all sleet. My ribs, left shoulder and right thumb all hurt, and I decided to call it at 930.  Redcoats eventually put up 3 lollipops on the left side of the rollers, but nothing marking the start of it. Assholes. 

I shovled up some ice into shopping bags and moved it around the hurting parts during the ride home. Just popped 3 leftover NSAIDs from my ankle surgery.  I’m having some difficulty taking a full breathe, and my right thumb is swollen, but I can move it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

The fucking ski team decided that it would be a good idea to install a set of rollers on the flat runout, skiers right by the bushes. The fucking redcoats (at least two of them) decided this unnatural man made feature didn’t need any markings, and in the super flat light this morning,  I didn’t see them until it was too last. I made it ok over the first one, got launched off the second one and landed on the knuckle of the fourth one, one ski shot off, and rocketed past JLaw who helped me back. Took a rest while he skied another run, did 4 more after that and it turned to all sleet. My ribs, left shoulder and right thumb all hurt, and I decided to call it at 930.  Redcoats eventually put up 3 lollipops on the left side of the rollers, but nothing marking the start of it. Assholes. 

I shovled up some ice into shopping bags and moved it around the hurting parts during the ride home. Just popped 3 leftover NSAIDs from my ankle surgery.  I’m having some difficulty taking a full breathe, and my right thumb is swollen, but I can move it. 

If you need a hug, let me know. I'd email Blue about that. 

39 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

That blows big time, especially when the esteemed BMSP fails to mark invisible obstacles, only to be discovered the hard way.

Rest up, heal fast!

30 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

You should write an email for him since his thumbs hurts. Probably could get him a new coat.

Hopefully no lasting pain, rest up@rootdkj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m laughing about the coat. The squeaky wheel gets the grease when the grease gets on the coat. A shame Blue bought Toast a ladies jacket but it fits him well. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m laughing about the coat. The squeaky wheel gets the grease when the grease gets on the coat. A shame Blue bought Toast a ladies jacket but it fits him well. 

Just because you haven't fit into a medium since you were 8 years old doesn't mean you need to be jelly. 

• Haha 1

Hope things improve for you quickly Root.  I'm on board with everyone else who thinks you should email, or maybe email and call Blue about this.  I think a phone call would go further with the right person, than just an email.

Last time i skied Blue, i was blatantly run into on homestretch, of all places, by a person on the ski team.  I would like to give someone some facetime about this.  

If ski patrol isnt marking this shit, what are they doing when they are "checking the mountain out" in the AM? I will be the first to say that ski patrol steps up when there is an issue, but i think they lack motivation (or something) to prevent these things.  Starting to think ski patrol, and ski club are the same thing.  

Dont forget to mention last year when they should not have opened Razors when it was an ice skating rink, or the unmarked bumps on dreamweaver.  

• Like 2