2/12/19 Root got ‘recked on Razors Runout

zzslope

1 hour ago, Jersey Tomato said:

Bruised ribs are no fun, can be worse than broken ones. Friend of mine got bumped into by a boarder around Christmastime, not real hard but just enough to knock him over- he thought it was nothing, kid apologized.....later that night he could barely get out of his car. Got checked next day- 1 broken rib & 3 bruised. Hasn't skied since.  You had a much worse fall including shoulder & thumb. I got skier's thumb up at Huntah must be 25 years ago- high speed fall due to unmarked obstacle- still feel it on bad days. I don't mean to be a debby downer, just want to say make sure youre ok before you come back & hope youre tougher than me & my buddy.

New page! 

I'm hard as fuck.  Thanks for the good thoughts.  I'll be back this season, you can count on that. Oh and welcome to PASR.  Which exit are you from?

Sleeping last night was tough but I'm feeling better today.  I'm taking a steady cocktail of THC, CBD,  Vimovo and Tylenol.  They should make Vimovo over the counter, thankfully I have a huge leftover supply of it.  I was able to roll my back on the foam roller for a bit.  That felt good too.  Spent 3 hours driving to Trevose and back today.  

Edited by RootDKJ
New page!
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

New page! 

I'm hard as fuck.  Thanks for the good thoughts.  I'll be back this season, you can count on that. Oh and welcome to PASR.  Which exit are you from?

Sleeping last night was tough but I'm feeling better today.  I'm taking a steady cocktail of THC, CBD,  Vimovo and Tylenol.  They should make Vimovo over the counter, thankfully I have a huge leftover supply of it.  I was able to roll my back on the foam roller for a bit.  That felt good too.  Spent 3 hours driving to Trevose and back today.  

Vimovo is just a combo med so if you really want it, go get same dose naproxen OTC and same dose PPI OTC and you have your med.

34 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Vimovo is just a combo med so if you really want it, go get same dose naproxen OTC and same dose PPI OTC and you have your med.

That's good info.  They set me up with a lifetime supply of this stuff.  All free too, never paid for any of it.

Ski patrollers have to master certain skills to pass tests and advance to higher levels of ski patrol-ness. So their training on navigating bumps with sleds is likely necessary for them to be able to do so is likely valuable to them for that reason, even if it is a skill they would rarely have to use at Blue (though there are rare days when a natural dump is left ungroomed and whole trails get bumped up when such skills would be required even at otherwise powder puff mountains).

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ski patrollers have to master certain skills to pass tests and advance to higher levels of ski patrol-ness. So their training on navigating bumps with sleds is likely necessary for them to be able to do so is likely valuable to them for that reason, even if it is a skill they would rarely have to use at Blue (though there are rare days when a natural dump is left ungroomed and whole trails get bumped up when such skills would be required even at otherwise powder puff mountains).

Do you take into account competancy of skipo when making a lift ticket purchase?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A long long time ago me and my friend skied a closed trail at camelback and got caught and had to watch a safety video to get our tickets back.  I also got caught skiing a closed trail at sugarbush once and they had downloading so i had to take the heavens gate lift up then ski down jester to download the sugar bravo.  Was badass and like 230 already. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

New page! 

Yeah my buddy says nighttime is the worst. 

A long long time ago me and my friend skied a closed trail at camelback and got caught and had to watch a safety video to get our tickets back.  I also got caught skiing a closed trail at sugarbush once and they had downloading so i had to take the heavens gate lift up then ski down jester to download the sugar bravo.  Was badass and like 230 already. 

Regarding SB, I don’t understand this. They made you ride up HG lift?

27 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Regarding SB, I don’t understand this. They made you ride up HG lift?

Yes because I poached upper organgrinder which ends on downspout where patrol was waiting for me.  So patrol had me ski to heavens gate than up heavens gate and down upper jester to super bravo for downloading.  Was early season I had a stowe season pass but stowe wasn’t open yet so bought a day ticket at sugarbush.  

Yes because I poached upper organgrinder which ends on downspout where patrol was waiting for me.  So patrol had me ski to heavens gate than up heavens gate and down upper jester to super bravo for downloading.  Was early season I had a stowe season pass but stowe wasn’t open yet so bought a day ticket at sugarbush.  

Early season. Got it, thx.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same with my JH fall.  How are you feeling today Root?

Feeling ok during the day. Drove to Bucks county yesterday and today for meetings. Sleeping is a challenge. The recliner works until about 3am. Can’t get comfortable in bed at all. 

3 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Feeling ok during the day. Drove to Bucks county yesterday and today for meetings. Sleeping is a challenge. The recliner works until about 3am. Can’t get comfortable in bed at all. 

I highly doubt you have this same situation, but when I was in high school I broke 3 ribs and dislocated my right shoulder while playing hockey and I pushed my bed up against the wall and laid in bed on my left side (right side was injured) and basically wedged myself against the wall with pillows and it worked wonders. I was able to sleep a full night without rolling over onto my injured half of my body. 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:11 PM, toast21602 said:

If you need a hug, let me know. I'd email Blue about that. 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, JFskiDan said:

I'm on board with everyone else who thinks you should email, or maybe email and call Blue about this.  I think a phone call would go further with the right person, than just an email.

I emailed Jim D yesterday morning, requesting he call me.  It's been well over 24 hours, so I've left him a voice mail, again requesting he call me.  

• Like 4

I've heard back from JimD.  Apparently, they had the rollers on the list to mark, but other (unknown) priorities delayed it until after someone got hurt.  He claims to be putting in new process that will delay opening, if known hazards aren't marked.  I'm skeptical at best.  Jim is asking me to trust him, after he already failed me.  I think I may need to break up with Blue for a bit.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I've heard back from JimD.  Apparently, they had the rollers on the list to mark, but other (unknown) priorities delayed it until after someone got hurt.  He claims to be putting in new process that will delay opening, if known hazards aren't marked.  I'm skeptical at best.  Jim is asking me to trust him, after he already failed me.  I think I may need to break up with Blue for a bit.  

Hows your healing going?