2/12/19 Root got ‘recked on Razors Runout

zzslope

I've heard back from JimD.  Apparently, they had the rollers on the list to mark, but other (unknown) priorities delayed it until after someone got hurt.  He claims to be putting in new process that will delay opening, if known hazards aren't marked.  I'm skeptical at best.  Jim is asking me to trust him, after he already failed me.  I think I may need to break up with Blue for a bit.  

Sorry dude. The bright side is that he's probably giving you an honest answer. The downside is that the answer / reality is crap. How long does it take to mark an area, especially if it was on their to do "list"? If you deem something hazardous then don't open it until it's marked. IDK maybe I'm oversimplifying whatever their process is pre opening. Hope you're feeling better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

I've heard back from JimD.  Apparently, they had the rollers on the list to mark, but other (unknown) priorities delayed it until after someone got hurt.  He claims to be putting in new process that will delay opening, if known hazards aren't marked.  I'm skeptical at best.  Jim is asking me to trust him, after he already failed me.  I think I may need to break up with Blue for a bit.  

It sucks that you got hurt, but I don't understand your last comment.  You can't expect every hole, bump, rock, etc to be marked.   In fact, you agreed to:

I understand that SKIING, SNOWBOARDING or SNOWTUBING (Collectively “Recreational Snow Sports”), including use of lifts, is a dangerous activity/sport with inherent risks. These risks include, but are not limited to variations in snow, variations in trail lighting and weather, steepness of terrain, narrow or sharp turning trails, ice and icy conditions, bare spots, imperfections in grooming snow, moguls, rocks, trees and other forms of forest growth or debris (above or below the surface), fencing, lack of fencing or lift towers, lift terminals, cables, utility lines, snow guns, hoses, hydrants or other snowmaking equipment and component parts, and other natural or man-made obstacles on or off designated trails and chutes, as well as collisions with snowmobiles, grooming equipment, obstacles, or other skiers, boarders or tubers. All of the inherent risks of skiing, boarding or tubing present the risk of serious and/or fatal injury.

What else do you want from Jim D?  Money?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

At Blue 8 to 11 today, heavy cloud cover on the top half of the hill, cleared out from west to east sometime after 9. The chairs on the six had a decent coating of ice covering them. Mostly boiler plate to start, with random small glare ice patches, except main street which was good all day. Conditions improved as the day wore on. Me, Hiyata, and one other skier were the only people waiting at the gate for open. Few people on the hill until about 9:30, then the floodgates opened. 

• Like 2

I don’t blame you for thinking you need a break from Blue. I think ski patrol failed you. They knew the feature/hazard needed to be marked but SP3000 enjoyed their turns right by it that morning without saying they should close it until they mark it. It reminds me of Paradise earlier this year(end of December?) was closed to start so ski patrol put bamboo up along the right side. I don’t get how it’s a new concept to mark everything before opening, sounds like lip service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I wouldn't expect anything different, honestly.  A "we're sorry, we'll do better next time" makes sense to me?

He forgot the “we fucked up, let us do something to make it up to you since you can’t move your thumb and are going to PT 3x a week” part. Customer service isn’t always saying the right thing, it’s doing the right thing. I’m bias though. I have to deal with complaints as well, but I know a “sorry” is doesn’t always cut it. Going beyond lip service keeps them for the future and gives them a positive experience to remember, instead of the issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

It sucks that you got hurt, but I don't understand your last comment.  You can't expect every hole, bump, rock, etc to be marked.   In fact, you agreed to:

What else do you want from Jim D?  Money?

Don’t be silly. I’m not about money but you knew that already. I probably have some mild PTSD, as every time I close my eyes, I see myself approaching the rollers in my minds eye. And every fucking time there’s still nothing I can do about it. 

I want to trust Blue again, but how does one go about doing that?  Take Jim’s word for it they they won’t do something negligent again?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Don’t be silly. I’m not about money but you knew that already. I probably have some mild PTSD, as every time I close my eyes, I see myself approaching the rollers in my minds eye. And every fucking time there’s still nothing I can do about it. 

I want to trust Blue again, but how does one go about doing that?  Take Jim’s word for it they they won’t do something negligent again?

Trust Blue? LOL

I broke my femur skiing Blue and you're worried about some rib pain.  Harden the fuck up.  You know what I did when Challenge opened for the first time the following year?  Went as fast as I could down it.  You're a self proclaimed libertarian....take some personal responsibility for your actions.  When I hard charge down something without skiing it first, I take the risk that conditions might not be as I expect.  I wouldn't blame anyone else if they weren't.

Tough love, sorry.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Trust Blue? LOL

I broke my femur skiing Blue and you're worried about some rib pain.  Harden the fuck up.  You know what I did when Challenge opened for the first time the following year?  Went as fast as I could down it.  You're a self proclaimed libertarian....take some personal responsibility for your actions.  When I hard charge down something without skiing it first, I take the risk that conditions might not be as I expect.  I wouldn't blame anyone else if they weren't.

Tough love, sorry.

My libertarian beliefs are directed towards the government.  We shall agree to disagree on this matter.  Blue fucked up, and I'm still pissed about it.I'm putting my money where my mouth is by not giving them my business next season.

Will I ski Blue again this season?  Yes.  Will I ski Blue next season?  I hope so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I guess Doug should email JHole about his fall first run, it must have been someone else’s fault! Ruined his pow day, he was so soaked in sweat his goggles froze solid!

Let’s be real if this happened at any other mountain it would have just been a fall, without an email.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSSucks said:

I guess Doug should email JHole about his fall first run, it must have been someone else’s fault! Ruined his pow day, he was so soaked in sweat his goggles froze solid!

Let’s be real if this happened at any other mountain it would have just been a fall, without an email. 

Maybe, but maybe I wouldn't know any bette in that case,  that those rollers, historicall, have never been there.

3 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Trust Blue? LOL

Tough love, sorry.

I’m sorry you got hurt. Heal quickly. But I have to agree with this. A big part of what’s wrong with this world, everyone wants to blame someone if they get hurt. We all have to take some responsibility for our actions. 

• Like 2

Would have been better customer service to offer a loyal pass holder who got hurt due to their negligence something for sure regardless of having CYA boilerplate on their passes. But never had the impression these folks were all warm and fuzzy in the way they operate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zzslope said:

At Blue 8 to 11 today, heavy cloud cover on the top half of the hill, cleared out from west to east sometime after 9. The chairs on the six had a decent coating of ice covering them. Mostly boiler plate to start, with random small glare ice patches, except main street which was good all day. Conditions improved as the day wore on. Me, Hiyata, and one other skier were the only people waiting at the gate for open. Few people on the hill until about 9:30, then the floodgates opened. 

I got there around 9. Slacker. Weather left me less than enthused, and I had a hard time motivating this am. Conditions weren’t that bad, and crowds weren’t awful, either. Back Wednesday for some real snow, hopefully. 

5 hours ago, mute1080 said:

He forgot the “we fucked up, let us do something to make it up to you since you can’t move your thumb and are going to PT 3x a week” part. Customer service isn’t always saying the right thing, it’s doing the right thing. I’m bias though. I have to deal with complaints as well, but I know a “sorry” is doesn’t always cut it. Going beyond lip service keeps them for the future and gives them a positive experience to remember, instead of the issue.

I don’t go beyond lip service if it’s the customers fault. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

My libertarian beliefs are directed towards the government.  We shall agree to disagree on this matter.  Blue fucked up, and I'm still pissed about it.I'm putting my money where my mouth is by not giving them my business next season.

Will I ski Blue again this season?  Yes.  Will I ski Blue next season?  I hope so.

You’re only punishing yourself. Sheesh the shit happens it’s why you’re supposed to look before you leap.  My first run down sidewinder I almost got owned by the rollers.  Root while I feel for you, shit like this happens everyday...if you don’t get a season pass at Blue next season it will only decrease the quality of your ski season. 

• Thanks 1

PTSD?1337973755254_2716603.png.84adfe9f9263d3b19f85fcf959e07e75.png

I hit a tree this afternoon flying off the lip of a traverse, judo rolled to avoid a full frontal or head collision and took the full brunt of the hit on the left side of my back into a partial tree well. Knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't breathe for about 30 seconds. Took me 10 minutes to extricate myself from that due to my ski being buried under my ass in 2 ft of snow and couldn't use my poles to get up because the snow was so DEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Managed to ski out and do 2 more groomer runs. Came home and spent 2 hours plowing snow before my back cramped up. Ate some Celebrex, a 500mg Naprosyn and a shot of Jaeger, Slept for 3 hours. Back is sore as hell. Didn't piss or cough up any blood, so I'll prolly dial it back and ski groomers in the AM unless I can't move. I'll report back tomorrow if I had any nightmares about trees. More likely nightmares about Zero Gravity Madonna DIPA which I drank on the lift ride up.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1