2/12/19 Root got ‘recked on Razors Runout

zzslope

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I got there around 9. Slacker. Weather left me less than enthused, and I had a hard time motivating this am. Conditions weren’t that bad, and crowds weren’t awful, either. Back Wednesday for some real snow, hopefully. 

I have enjoyed a couple of snow days this year, so much fun skiing, not so cool driving. Hope Wednesday is another one, the forecast indicates late morning before it really gets snowing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

PTSD?1337973755254_2716603.png.84adfe9f9263d3b19f85fcf959e07e75.png

I hit a tree this afternoon flying off the lip of a traverse, judo rolled to avoid a full frontal or head collision and took the full brunt of the hit on the left side of my back into a partial tree well. Knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't breathe for about 30 seconds. Took me 10 minutes to extricate myself from that due to my ski being buried under my ass in 2 ft of snow and couldn't use my poles to get up because the snow was so DEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Managed to ski out and do 2 more groomer runs. Came home and spent 2 hours plowing snow before my back cramped up. Ate some Celebrex, a 500mg Naprosyn and a shot of Jaeger, Slept for 3 hours. Back is sore as hell. Didn't piss or cough up any blood, so I'll prolly dial it back and ski groomers in the AM unless I can't move. I'll report back tomorrow if I had any nightmares about trees. More likely nightmares about Zero Gravity Madonna DIPA which I drank on the lift ride up.

Sounds ugly, but them's the breaks when you ski the woods.  Ski good or eat wood!
My knee is still sore from whacking it on a tree up in Sunday River.

Take care and heal fast!

Thanks, I've been doing the Wim Hof method for 3 months now, and actually laid in the snow on my back for about 15 minutes, then took a hot shower and went to bed. I credit it for helping me regain control of my breathing after impact as well. Most of the pain from yesterday has reduced to about a 1 foot diameter area in the middle of my back in the thoracic zone. A plus is the fact that I had some kinda pinched nerve in my neck that was shooting electrical impulses down the left side of my neck into the left shoulder. Not painful, just a weird sensation. That's gone. Poor man's chiropractic treatment. I plan to get a few early runs in before driving Ms. Daisy to her nail appointment at noon. No more beers if I'm skiing trees. I feel pretty lucky that I avoided serious injury.

• Like 3

I guess Doug should email JHole about his fall first run, it must have been someone else’s fault! Ruined his pow day, he was so soaked in sweat his goggles froze solid!

Let’s be real if this happened at any other mountain it would have just been a fall, without an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug’s fall didn’t have a man made feature that was on a list to get marked before opening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mute1080 said:

Doug’s fall didn’t have a man made feature that was on a list to get marked before opening.

It was from poor grooming..they missed a spot.  I would only sue the ski area if the lift I was riding up fell off the cables or oil dripped on my jackat. 

That's great you guys.  I'm glad you're all enjoying this.

Everyone will have their own opinion about where there's culpability when these things happen. And it's PASR so, by nature, people are going to act like goof balls. At the end of the day, and I think you know this, people here genuinely care about you and that you weren't seriously hurt. My opinion only but think about the pass thing before saying definitively that you're out. Let all of it sink in, weigh the pros and cons and if you still want to leave, so be it. It's not like you would be leaving for Camelback or Bear Creek. Belle is a pretty fucking cool place, but there may be negatives to doing that too that may want to think about.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

That's great you guys.  I'm glad you're all enjoying this.

At this point it just is what it is. Nobody here is happy that you were injured and we’re all glad it was anything serious. They should be called out for their errors that day, but if they aren’t going to do anything about it then that’s it. Is it something to leave the place over? Probably not. I called them out when a pancake sized slop of grease fell off the Burma lift and ruined my  new jacket. Their fault? That’s debatable, but I’ve bever seen that much grease fall from a lift in my life. It was like a pint of ice cream. If they wouldn’t have righted their wrong and given me the same response you got I’d be bummed too. One thing is for sure, though.. it would take a hell of a lot of Blue mountain fuck ups to leave skiing with all of you fuck ups. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I called them out when a pancake sized slop of grease fell off the Burma lift and ruined my  new jacket. Their fault? That’s debatable, but I’ve bever seen that much grease fall from a lift in my life. It was like a pint of ice cream. If they wouldn’t have righted their wrong and given me the same response you got I’d be bummed too.

You're not the only one that got globbed on.  One of the other bumpers also got grease-bombed on one of the doubles early in the season. 
I don't know if he said anything to Blue or not.

I think we have determined by the numbers that Blue is actually a dangerous place to ski.  We do pretty much accept this risk by skiing there.  

I am sure Blue pretty much knows this as well, but it seems odd to me that they continue to be reactive, rather than proactive.  

What does ski patrol actually do when they are on the mountain before 8 am?

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My tailbone bounced off the street in Jackson hole last Saturday night..I think I’m gonna give up crossing streets..not until lent...yeah ski good or eat wood. 

I'm still cracking up from that.  I came home with six pack abs because of your fall.  

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

What does ski patrol actually do when they are on the mountain before 8 am?

I think we've all determined that they just ski around on the fresh cord because they're SP.
Like previously stated, they wait until the mountain is open to close trails to mark them.  <sheesh>

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I think we've all determined that they just ski around on the fresh cord because they're SP.
Like previously stated, they wait until the mountain is open to close trails to mark them.  <sheesh>

Then congregate halfway down challenge on the first run before they go in for a nice hot breakfast.  

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Interestingly enough, tubing is closed tomorrow.  and i saw that a week ago or whatever.  I guess tubing with sleet/ice is dangerous.  Management being proactive, i guess because they dont have tubing patrolers?

And yeah, its pretty obvious SP3000 takes full advantage of skiing empty trails until 8 am, then starts checking the slopes.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Interestingly enough, tubing is closed tomorrow.  and i saw that a week ago or whatever.  I guess tubing with sleet/ice is dangerous.  Management being proactive, i guess because they dont have tubing patrolers?

And yeah, its pretty obvious SP3000 takes full advantage of skiing empty trails until 8 am, then starts checking the slopes.  

Private event. I heard Vail is having a party there to celebrate the purchase with the employees. 

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Woo woo woo you hear that Salty and Ski2Live...but in all seriousness Vail was at blue Saturday checking the place out.  

"insider" info?  Really?  Big deal.  What you dont know is, i was there Saturday as well, checking the place out.