2/12/19 Root got ‘recked on Razors Runout

zzslope

My ride up this morning from bucks co. was good, the ride home was quite bad, not so much the roads but drivers who should have stayed home. Sorry to heard about your fall Root, get well. Even though the snow turned to sleet the trails were all very good, challenge was much improved, the bumps on barneys and NM were great, as far as snow quality widow maker was at the top. 

New page.

Edited by zzslope
addition
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Feel better Root. I really feel ski patrol does next to nothing there. I hardly ever see them. Seems they should be  present on the mountain more. 

The only thing they do is hang out on Paradise and whistle at competent sliders, which is obviously a waste of time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

I've also seen them doing sled practice on Challenge while Razor is closed for the race team, taking up 1/2 that trail as well, so there's that

I don't have a problem with that. The point of ski po is to be on mtn medical staff. If they need to train to do their thing great. Being incapacitated on a slope is terrible. 

All the other stuff where they yell at people and sweep the trails but don't actually do anything needs to change. 

I’m alright fam. I went and got checked out. Pretty much the worst if it is some bruised ribs. I need to follow up on something the CT showed and I probably won’t be skiing for a few days. I’m far too tired to put any more brain cycles into this today. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

I don't have a problem with that. The point of ski po is to be on mtn medical staff. If they need to train to do their thing great. Being incapacitated on a slope is terrible. 

All the other stuff where they yell at people and sweep the trails but don't actually do anything needs to change. 

Yeah, but I feel like it doesn't really have to be done on Challenge while Razors is closed, especially when the race on razors is starting from Razorback and the whole top is empty. Poor management of finite resources is all

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, but I feel like it doesn't really have to be done on Challenge while Razors is closed, especially when the race on razors is starting from Razorback and the whole top is empty. Poor management of finite resources is all

Not only there, but they take the sled and practice in Barney's when there's new powder or fresh blown and they destroy the bumps when everyone else is trying to ski them.
It's easy to run the sled when there's soft snow!

If they really want to practice, take the sled in at night when the bumps are icebergs and nobody else is running the bumps.

Edited by indiggio

Not only there, but they take the sled and practice in Barney's when there's new powder or fresh blown and they destroy the bumps when everyone else is trying to ski them.
It's easy to run the sled when there's soft snow!
If they really want to practice, take the sled in at night when the bumps are icebergs and nobody else is running the bumps.

I never understood the sled in the bumps thing. Maybe one of the patrollers reading will sign up and post to explain. I'm seriously curious.

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I never understood the sled in the bumps thing. Maybe one of the patrollers reading will sign up and post to explain. I'm seriously curious.

Oh, they feel they need to practice running the sled in the bumps in case they need to get someone outta there.
But let's be real here, Barney's is not a bump run in Mary Jane, where the run is bumps from edge to edge.
If someone would get seriously injured in Barney's are they really gonna take the toboggan down the bumps to the person or will they take it down the smooth part of Main Street and push it into the bumps next to the person? 
Hmmm...  It is BMSP we're talking about, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least that they'd take the toboggan all the way down the bumps to the person AND it would take 5 of them to do it too!

Edited by indiggio

Oh, they feel they need to practice running the sled in the bumps in case they need to get someone outta there.
But let's be real here, Barney's is not a bump run in Mary Jane, where the run is bumps from edge to edge.
If someone would get seriously injured in Barney's are they really gonna take the toboggan down the bumps to the person or will they take it down the smooth part of Main Street and push it into the bumps next to the person? 
Hmmm...  It is BMSP we're talking about, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least that they'd take the toboggan all the way down the bumps to the person AND it would take 5 of them to do it too!

That's what I was thinking...since Barney's doesn't span the width of the trail shouldn't they just practice getting in from the side and getting out from the side? I would think that's the most efficient way to get to someone. That said I can't hate on them too much...when I broke my shoulder they were pretty cool and helped me out.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That's what I was thinking...since Barney's doesn't span the width of the trail shouldn't they just practice getting in from the side and getting out from the side? I would think that's the most efficient way to get to someone. That said I can't hate on them too much...when I broke my shoulder they were pretty cool and helped me out.

Yeah, it's just a lot of illogical stuff they do and don't do that boggles the mind.

16 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

I’m alright fam. I went and got checked out. Pretty much the worst if it is some bruised ribs. I need to follow up on something the CT showed and I probably won’t be skiing for a few days. I’m far too tired to put any more brain cycles into this today. 

Bruised ribs are no fun, can be worse than broken ones. Friend of mine got bumped into by a boarder around Christmastime, not real hard but just enough to knock him over- he thought it was nothing, kid apologized.....later that night he could barely get out of his car. Got checked next day- 1 broken rib & 3 bruised. Hasn't skied since.  You had a much worse fall including shoulder & thumb. I got skier's thumb up at Huntah must be 25 years ago- high speed fall due to unmarked obstacle- still feel it on bad days. I don't mean to be a debby downer, just want to say make sure youre ok before you come back & hope youre tougher than me & my buddy.

Edited by Jersey Tomato