2-14-19

zzslope

Fun morning. Snow was mostly packed sugar, some spots were crushed cookies. I think it depended on what time they groomed the trail as temperatures dropped below freezing over night.

Arrived to 32° and blue skies at 820. Saw TP4 in the lot but didn’t see him after he got first chair. Snow was fast it was a little busier then usual Thursday’s. Took it easy at the bottom of Razors, looking for the Roots Rollers but it must have be groomed out because I didn’t see any. Razors was blown on last night and you could feel it stick hitting the patches. Sidewinder was my ROTM, but it was all pretty good. Off the snow at 1015 and at work by 11.
f0a4e6460148a534d6452206dd06569c.jpg16d5f6302ea03a19d42f76915ee5e1c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Fun morning. Snow was mostly packed sugar, some spots were crushed cookies. I think it depended on what time they groomed the trail as temperatures dropped below freezing over night.

Arrived to 32° and blue skies at 820. Saw TP4 in the lot but didn’t see him after he got first chair. Snow was fast it was a little busier then usual Thursday’s. Took it easy at the bottom of Razors, looking for the Roots Rollers but it must have be groomed out because I didn’t see any. Razors was blown on last night and you could feel it stick hitting the patches. Sidewinder was my ROTM, but it was all pretty good. Off the snow at 1015 and at work by 11.
f0a4e6460148a534d6452206dd06569c.jpg16d5f6302ea03a19d42f76915ee5e1c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice report!!!

7 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Took it easy at the bottom of Razors, looking for the Roots Rollers but it must have be groomed out because I didn’t see any.

If any good comes out of all of this, that section of Razors runout will forever be known as “Roots Rollers” ☠️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How was Switchback?

Sorry never got on there. Spent most of my time on Lazzy Mile, Sidewinder, and Paradise... just and intermediate skier. Did a couple of runs down Widowmaker to Chute/Midway to Lower Main. Right side of Lower Main was very nice! Only really sketchy part that I came across was that run at the bottom of Lazy Mile that heads towards the Burma chair. Not sure what it’s called.

3 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

Sorry never got on there. Spent most of my time on Lazzy Mile, Sidewinder, and Paradise... just and intermediate skier. Did a couple of runs down Widowmaker to Chute/Midway to Lower Main. Right side of Lower Main was very nice! Only really sketchy part that I came across was that run at the bottom of Lazy Mile that heads towards the Burma chair. Not sure what it’s called.

I’m not sure what it’s called either. 

It clouded up a bit around 1. Also got warmer. Yesterday was bipolar weather, beautiful blue sky, then clouds, then got pelted for awhile with some kind of sleety snow. After it stopped, you could see lots of snow squalls in the distance. Very cool. Tried to practice some of the moguls today, I pretty much sucked 😑. They did blow fresh snow in them. Nice that they are doing that a lot this year. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Shadows said:

You just found the 40th trail! Email them and tell them. Could dedicate it to the 40 year mark. Maybe get some free cocoa.

That's just the bottom part of Lazy Mile. The cant name it anything else, because then Lazy Mile won't be a mile.

Pops and I just call it "The Full Mile."

• Like 3

I was joking with my instructor today that they ought to run a contest to name the new trail whenever it opens. I’m sure the internet would come up with some gems!

They'll probably call it something stupid like "Xtreme". My suggestion (if Blue's reading)... "Edge of Paradise". I think that makes sense because of where it's located but the name also celebrates one of the coolest cats around. If they call it that they should add a spine for grindin'.