2/19...night moves..new pants.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun evening session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 620pm just a minute too late to see NMSki in his righty whities. Also in the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, Indiggio and Denise. The temperature was around 30 with light winds and a full moon. 

First run was down Main Street and it had a few bumps and some sugar and even a few Root rollers.  Next run on lazy mile was crazy mile and not the best snow. Paradise was the run of the night smooth and semi fast and no SP3000. One run on Dream Weaver was filled with unmarked Root rollers and Switchback was smooth and slick...I skied until 830 and the boys did another run or two then had two beers and some of Schifdawgs famous cheese balls in the lot.  All in all a fun night session and only a handful of buses.  JADIP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh and I didn’t mention in thread I skied in my new pants for the first time.  Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me but first new ski pants in about 11 years. They’re better than expected.  Yes a little long but not out of the ordinary. 

I can't believe you actually got new pants.  I probably won't even recognize you now.

• Sad 1

I was up for about 3 hrs, I saw zz in the lodge and said hi but he must not of heard me. Edge's car was in the lot.

Maybe and inch over some pretty firm crust at first, maybe 2/3 inches total by the time I left.

Razors to razor back had good consistent soft snow, everything else was a mix of softer stuff and icy crystals that was a little hooky.

• Like 4

I wonder what it would be like to ski on a clear night under a big super moon with the trail lights off

It’s sweet. I’ve done it 2 or 3 times with a full moon at Sandia Peak ski area in New Mexico. Take the tram up, ski down and have someone pick you up in the parking lot. There would be dozens of other people there skinning and snowshoeing too. Like a little colony of night people when there’s a full moon.
  • Like 2

Got there at 6 last night, there was line at the quad but it wasn’t running, They shut the 6 and the quad down because of ice. I skated over to the triple and then up to the Burma lift for 5 runs. First 2 were ok if you didn’t mind not seeing where you were going, then the ice crust started forming