2/21...morning moves....old pants

mute1080

8 minutes ago, eaf said:

I got yelled at a couple of times by patrol, watched a bunch of half drunk high schoolers, learnt that Razors is full of urea and is frozen solid, and am leaving right now. It was a decent night.

Why did you get yelled at? Typically don't see learned spelled that way, so I Googled it and apparently it's more common in British English than American English. That sucks that Razors is full of frozen urea, I'll be sure to steer clear. Don't want that stuff getting on my RTMs.

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Why did you get yelled at? Typically don't see learned spelled that way, so I Googled it and apparently it's more common in British English than American English. That sucks that Razors is full of frozen urea, I'll be sure to steer clear. Don't want that stuff getting on my RTMs.

You don't ski it anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eaf said:
I got yelled at a couple of times by patrol, watched a bunch of half drunk high schoolers, learnt that Razors is full of urea and is frozen solid, and am leaving right now. It was a decent night.

You weren't the only one that got yelled at. I'm sure Doug will chime in shortly.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’ll try to keep this short and sweet because I’m tired.  I arrived at the lower lot at 640pm and it was around 40 degrees and was pretty crowded and first time this season I had to park a row over.  About 16 buses.  

In the house were Atomic Jeff, PARidge and Johnny Law.  Snow was sort of early springish and due to the amount of traffic pretty choppy with some natural and manmade Root rollers on many runs.  Main Street was nice on the top and rough on the bottom, same with lazy mile. Paradise had the nicest snow just like on Thursday and unfortunately SP3000...me and JLaw received a lecture outside the scanners then my final run I waited for the patroller who lectures us to start on Paradise then when I got near I stopped then made lots of slow and deliberate turns with him skiing beside me asking if I was ok.  Then at the bottom as I was taking skis off he asked if it was my last run and I didn’t answer then he said have a nice night.  

All in all a fun evening and almost the weekend!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I only saw patrol standing on Lazy Mile, I guess to make sure no one was going too fast, and one standing under 6 pack at The bottom of Sidewinder, making sure kids had the bar down. Other than that, didn’t see them at all.  I feel like they may not have enough patrollers there. I never see them just cruising around like other mountains. 

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Choppy but to be expected for a crowded night sesh. I'm like an excavator tonight... digging it

I laughed.  Still enjoying schifdawgs cheese balls.  They saved me from getting fast food on way home. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll try to keep this short and sweet because I’m tired.  I arrived at the lower lot at 640pm and it was around 40 degrees and was pretty crowded and first time this season I had to park a row over.  About 16 buses.  

In the house were Atomic Jeff, PARidge and Johnny Law.  Snow was sort of early springish and due to the amount of traffic pretty choppy with some natural and manmade Root rollers on many runs.  Main Street was nice on the top and rough on the bottom, same with lazy mile. Paradise had the nicest snow just like on Thursday and unfortunately SP3000...me and JLaw received a lecture outside the scanners then my final run I waited for the patroller who lectures us to start on Paradise then when I got near I stopped then made lots of slow and deliberate turns with him skiing beside me asking if I was ok.  Then at the bottom as I was taking skis off he asked if it was my last run and I didn’t answer then he said have a nice night.  

All in all a fun evening and almost the weekend!!!

I wish they would lecture the people bombing the hill, who obviously can’t stop, or go around others. 

• Like 3