2/24/19...on west coast time.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain.  Today was like an other weekend session except I skied 3 hours later than normal. Bob the deadhead liftee said we must be in California lol. In the house were NMSki, Shadows, Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, gahskier George, Slim and silver full face helmet guy. 

Arrived at the lower lot before 1045 and was on the snow by 11. Dense fog was present on the top 3/4 of the mountain the majority of the time.  At first I was skiing a little slower as I couldn’t see the snow surface but as the runs progressed I got more confident skiing by Braille and put the hammer down. Lazy and paradise were skied the most..I also skied Switchback twice which had really nice snow and lower widowmaker to Main Street to lower Main Street. 

Temperaturs stayed around 40 and it was damp and the winds picked up.  Snow was the hero variety..zero complaints about the snow was fast and soft and smooth due to lack of traffic. Was nice to have a break from the sugar before it returns this week. After skiing two hours hungout in the lot another hour and now at work logging in Saturday’s mail orders.  Only picture I took was my breakfast sandwich from Sheetz.  Fried egg, bacon, cheddar, tomato and pico on everything bagel.  Not bad.

I should be back at Blue on Tuesday night...JADIP!! 

C7F9D10F-1275-4350-B997-55D9D0A0908D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The funny thing is I barely used them because I often would get my poles stolen. 

Wow. I lock my poles maybe 50% of the time, and risk it the other 50%. So far no thefts, although I did get them from the Goodwill store and one is moderately bent.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much did the poles cost?  

I bought skis and poles together for $15 at Goodwill near Bloomsburg. What a bargain! The skis had Geze bindings, for which information even online is scarce. I probably looked like a total gaper going down the green slopes wearing a bike helmet and jeans, falling every few yards while on my Geze skis.

image.png.85d98bc7ae151c543b6eec9bf8a4589e.png

Edited by saltyant

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I bought skis and poles together for $15 at Goodwill near Bloomsburg. What a bargain! The skis had Geze bindings, for which information even online is scarce. I probably looked like a total gaper going down the green slopes wearing a bike helmet and jeans, falling every few yards while on my Geze skis.

image.png.85d98bc7ae151c543b6eec9bf8a4589e.png

wow I figured you were a natural on skis like Root

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

wow I figured you were a natural on skis like Root

My first run was bad. Fell a lot. Each run I fell less and less. By the 4th run I made it down without falling at all. And just look at me now... a true pro!

image.png.965153dcb1ebcba6528c4ec25ceed535.png

Edited by saltyant