Philly airport parking recommendations.

theprogram4

What do you guys recommend for parking at Philadelphia airport?  gonna be parked 5-6 days.  in the past i usually take the train there, but not this time with my equipment.  my parents use Winner and my brother uses the Parking Spot.  i thought long term parking at the airport is $11/day, which seems pretty cheap

The parking spot used to be my go to, but they sold the lot with valet and that’s what I used to use. Last time I parked I used Winner. Them dropping you at the airport and driving your car back is awesome, don’t have to transfer bags into shuttle and can load them right into your car on the return. I paid the extra $20 or whatever it was to leave their guy at the airport on the return trip, our flight landed at like 1230 am and with two toddlers I wasn’t trying to delay the hour ride home another 20-40 minutes.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i think im gonna park in the economy lot for $11/day.  same price as parking spot, but i noticed the economy lot buses come alot more frequenty than the parking spot bus does.

My last two trips I parked in the economy lot for $11 per day. There are two parking areas: blue and red. I always end up in the blue coming off I-95. There are shuttles every 10-15 minutes and drop you off right at the terminal you tell them. Make note of the shuttle stop number you're at and it's much easier to find your car than looking for individual lot numbers.

There are cheaper options available but some involve valet, or may have less security.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

If you don't want to park in the 30$ a day short term lot the only place to park is the economy lot after E.

Once you start heading out the airport on the right hand side right before you go to get on the highway or go to the way out there lot you'll see a sign for economy parking. Pull in there, it's like 11$ a day and you can walk to any of the gates. Maybe it will be 7.95 or something if you ride the bus but then you gotta ride the bus and who the fuck wants to do that. 99% of peeps, like Salty don't even know the lot is there and go to the way out there lots.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8819245,-75.2404664,3a,75y,5.68h,84.01t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s_qs8oaTyYoDMvZZBLtjSBQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D_qs8oaTyYoDMvZZBLtjSBQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D245.99742%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

• Like 1

When the wife and I would fly out, we'd get a room for the night before at one of the hotels right next to the airport which had "getaway specials" where you get a room and they allow you to leave the car in their lot, then take the shuttle to the terminal and back.
I don't know if they still do that or not though.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

Economy lot is the way to go. I'm not messing with these third party places or whatever. Last time I flew PHL I was on Southwest who's terminal is the closest to the Economy lot and I actually got a parking spot near the lot entrance so I just walked for 5 minutes to my car. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

What do you guys recommend for parking at Philadelphia airport?  gonna be parked 5-6 days.  in the past i usually take the train there, but not this time with my equipment.  my parents use Winner and my brother uses the Parking Spot.  i thought long term parking at the airport is $11/day, which seems pretty cheap

Just park economy, philly airport had some of the cheapest parking. 

• Like 2

I use Expresspark North lot.  Its on my way to the airport.  i have never had a problem there. 6 days were $60 all in.  I went the Enjorales root once and parked at the valet thing, but i hated it.  seemed like it just took forever for everything to happen. I find the shuttle to be super easy, they pull right up to your car...etc.  not sure how the economy bus is set up for 2 bags and skis.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I use Expresspark North lot.  Its on my way to the airport.  i have never had a problem there. 6 days were $60 all in.  I went the Enjorales root once and parked at the valet thing, but i hated it.  seemed like it just took forever for everything to happen. I find the shuttle to be super easy, they pull right up to your car...etc.  not sure how the economy bus is set up for 2 bags and skis.  

For two bags and skis have to make two trips onto and off of economy bus..I did it at Newark which is $18 a day because I missed the turn for the parking spot   

The valet at Parking Spot was so awesome. Pull into the garage, they unload your bags and the shuttle is right there in the garage with you. Then they parked your car for you. Took you to the airport. On the way back, call them when you land so they pull your car in. Get your bags and jump on the Parking Spot shuttle. First stop is in the valet garage, jump out and right into your cleaned off, warmed up car. 

RIP, Parking Spot valet service. Not sure if whoever bought them kept the service, but I can't vouch if they did/

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1

Last time I travelled with my family and we all had bags I used Winner. It was great. Drove me over in my vehicle and unloaded my bags right at the terminal. When we returned we called them from the baggage claim and they brought my truck right over. No messing around with shuttles and I remember it not being anymore expensive.

• Like 1

fly out thursday evening, return early tuesday morning

Damn...
Was hoping that it might have worked out time wise and I could've saved you some coin if I could get you back/forth.
I'm like 10 miles from Phl.

You're still welcome to leave your car at my place if an Uber back and forth would be cheaper than parking it though.
I've never actually used lyft or Uber before so I have no idea how much that would cost though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Just now, phillycore said:

Damn...
Was hoping that it might have worked out time wise and I could've saved you some coin if I could get you back/forth.

You're still welcome to leave your car at my place if an Uber back and forth would be cheaper than parking it though.
I've never actually used lyft or Uber before so I have no idea how much that would cost though.

damn you are fucking nice!  i dont have uber so let me look into it and get back to you.  much appreciated!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

damn you are fucking nice!  i dont have uber so let me look into it and get back to you.  much appreciated!

If you end up doing this, send me a pm and I’ll get your info and send you an invite code for Uber, it’s only a $5 savings but it’s something. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phillycore said:

Damn...

From where you live uber would be like $10 or so to philly airport 

On 2/26/2019 at 12:52 PM, JFskiDan said:

I used Expresspark too when I went to Vegas at new years. My mom uses it often too and never has a problem. As soon as you enter the lot the shuttle pulls up to your car and after you load your luggage, it takes your right to the terminal. I didn't have to wait long when I got back either. It wasn't much either, maybe like $10 a day if I remember.

Edited by skifreak