Tuesday night 2/26/19

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

Im back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 6:38PM and it was in the upper 20s with light winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law and a couple hundred peeps mainly younger snowboarders..just a few buses. 

Razors was open..horray and it was nice..amazing what a little manmade snow can do to eliminate the sugar and turn the snow into soft chalk.  I skied Razors Edge every run but one run on nightmare dreamweaver which still has a few Root rollers but has mellowed out a little bit I liked Razors better even though NMDW was a bit faster. 

I skied until 8:50pm and then enjoyed a milkshake beer Atomic Jeff brought and perpetual that has been sitting in my backseat for a week.  I was tired when I arrived at Blue but the skiing gave me a burst of energy. When returning to my hotel with my ski boots in my hand some homeys from Baton Rouge LA were like,”you ski”..a variation from “Jew ski” and I said yeah I’m a skier and the dude gave me a fist 🤛 real grown man shit right there..damn it feels good to be a skier!!!!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

He probably thought you were visiting to ski. Little did he know he was actually entering your home. 

Im still going strong with 0 night sessions this year. 

Yeah he doesn’t even know how deep my Roots run here fuck my grandfather went to allentown high school with Lee Iacocca and I even know security guards at the great Allentown fair. 

As for night sessions today was top three of the season easily and I’m not big on superlatives 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yeah he doesn’t even know how deep my Roots run here fuck my grandfather went to allentown high school with Lee Iacocca and I even know security guards at the great Allentown fair. 

As for night sessions today was top three of the season easily and I’m not big on superlatives 

I'm kinda jelly. Had a feeling last night was probably good. We're approaching the time of year where Blue night sessions become the best. School groups are gone. Nice warmer weather with decent conditions, gets dark later, beautiful sunsets. etc.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm kinda jelly. Had a feeling last night was probably good. We're approaching the time of year where Blue night sessions become the best. School groups are gone. Nice warmer weather with decent conditions, gets dark later, beautiful sunsets. etc.

Yup, time to start cashing in on next year's season pass!

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Bummer.

I was waxing skis and starting to pack.

Goal number 1 complete.  You made it to your trip in one piece..you have a direct flight so your luggage should make it..if not I wouldn’t expect any RTMs to be available for rent in JH..they’re the hot ski, especially the 84s..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope you were able to find a good parking spot.  Have fun...

I was. Skied with Hayata today, Good conditions all around (falls and the lower half of challenge cookied up a little) Barney's was good, nightmare bumps were icy. Light crowd, looked as though mechanics were working on the six. ROTD was switchback, with paradise a close second. Saw a horrendous wipeout on razors, guy was at mach speed close to the edge on skiers left and went down, huge yard sale on first hit, then he barrel rolled hard a few times and slid off the edge into the trees at a high rate of speed. Patrol said he sustained a shoulder injury which seemed minimal considering how fast he was going when he disappeared over the side. 

• Like 1