Sugarbush 2/28-3/2

Kyle

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Here’s a photo of some $20 nachos from castlerock. 

50653C28-41C0-4BF7-B34B-7C3B5B5175B3.jpeg

Ski2Live would say a fool and his money.  Nice report.  My freshman year in college I had a combined stowe and sugarbush pass and skied there maybe 1/4 of the time.  Then I just had a stowe Pass the rest of college so didn’t ski there much.  They put like 28 million into the place back in 1995 .that’s when the Gate house lift, super bravo, slidebrook and north ridge lifts were installed. It’s a cool old school ski area. Way back in the day it’s where the rich and famous used to hangout and it was nicknamed Mascara mountain.  There used to be a gondola that went up Organgrinder. 

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ski2Live would say a fool and his money.  Nice report.  My freshman year in college I had a combined stowe and sugarbush pass and skied there maybe 1/4 of the time.  Then I just had a stowe Pass the rest of college so didn’t ski there much.  They put like 28 million into the place back in 1995 .that’s when the Gate house lift, super bravo, slidebrook and north ridge lifts were installed. It’s a cool old school ski area. Way back in the day it’s where the rich and famous used to hangout and it was nicknamed Mascara mountain.  There used to be a gondola that went up Organgrinder. 

Eh I’m on vacation, I’ll spend whatever and worry about it later. But yeah, it’s pretty obvious this place has had some money dumped into it recently (past 10-15 years) but the core “local ski hill” vibe still exists. I can say this, I’m having WAY more fun here than I had at killington the last 3 times I went. 

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Nice work!  that takes some doing because i am sure there is a door in the way at some point.  

It was tough to turn on the tile but I managed 

3rd and final day at sugarbush in the books, arrived at Super bravo at 7:50, 3rd chair up  down to heavens gate chair and took that to the top and down jester for a warmup, back up bravo to heavens gate and down organ grinder, once back at the base we headed over to gatehouse to meet up with the rest of our group. We lapped sunrise a few times and the crowds started to get insane at 9:45 so we headed over to Mt Ellen thinking it would be a little less crowded. Mt Ellen was fairly empty for the most part. Spent a good part of the day skiing off the summit quad and the other quad that unloads at the base of that. Can’t remember what trails I did, skied bell to bell today and now I’m feeling it. I tried to track everything with the slopes app but it only registered 7 runs for some reason. 

All in all it was was a good trip, good weather, good snow. 

9C6197E1-213F-41E3-B1F7-D00164347784.jpeg

2DBFF12E-78DB-49C8-BE06-88A188645F58.jpeg

CC62DB0E-8487-4FA6-8876-1AF3F2C01359.jpeg

3F12E53F-B6A8-42BB-BF2F-987B36C4D388.png

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The slidebrook chair gives you two extra runs on slope app in each direction.  Sugarbush does about the same annual skier visits as Blue mountain..night skiing boost blues visits but sugarbush has way more lift capacity and a longer season.  

I believe it, the place was a ghost town Thursday and Friday, ski on every lift. Today it got real crowded real fast. 

You should have stopped in the patrol shack Kyle. I haven’t been up much this season, but I was up last weekend hanging out at Summit Saturday and Sunday. Conditions were good. Woods were good. Coverage darn near perfect.

Reks is an awesome little bar. Dino is awesome. The Notorious P.I.G. is a killer sandwich...

10 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

You should have stopped in the patrol shack Kyle. I haven’t been up much this season, but I was up last weekend hanging out at Summit Saturday and Sunday. Conditions were good. Woods were good. Coverage darn near perfect.

Reks is an awesome little bar. Dino is awesome. The Notorious P.I.G. is a killer sandwich...

Welcome back..are you ever gonna update your stats?

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

My buddies who patrol at bear stopped at ski patrol there, traded two cases of yuengling for lift tickets 😂

• 4 weeks later...