Sugarbush 2/28-3/2

Kyle

Just got to the condo at the bridges. Spicy drive up with steady snow from Albany on. Glad I bought a truck. Plan for tomorrow is to get first chair and mostly groomers to get the legs back under all of us.Probably about 3” new on the ground. Forecast is a balmy high of 15 tomorrow. I’ll try to update this as best as possible as well as take a few pictures. First time outside of PA on two planks, should make for an interesting few days. 

• Like 5

stopped for lunch at castlerock now. Knee is holding up pretty well so far. Surprisingly having no issues skiing the bumped up runs.  Weather channel says 11 degrees but it feels warmer than that with the sun. Next few hours will probably be spent taking runs off super bravo. 

Checked out Localfolk Smokehouse I’m Waitsfield last night, cool little bar/restaraunt. The food was alright, it was a little bit on the pricier side given what it was (bbq) but that’s to be expected around a ski resort I guess. They made up for it with their beer special, 20 different beers for $3 each on Thursday’s. Had a Switchback pale ale and another beer from their on-property brewer (Cousins) along with some smoked andouille sausage. 

Woke up this morning to 5 degrees and what looks to be another bluebird day with a high of 25. Gameplan today is to take a few warmup laps off of gatehouse and the lynx triple then head over slidebrook to mt Ellen. No new snow fell in the last 24 hours. 

Enjoy the view from the condo. 

27B11534-9639-498C-99A0-BC3C55347212.jpeg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Checked out Localfolk Smokehouse I’m Waitsfield last night, cool little bar/restaraunt. The food was alright, it was a little bit on the pricier side given what it was (bbq) but that’s to be expected around a ski resort I guess. They made up for it with their beer special, 20 different beers for $3 each on Thursday’s. Had a Switchback pale ale and another beer from their on-property brewer (Cousins) along with some smoked andouille sausage.

There's always Mad Taco right up the road...

8 hours ago, tarponhead said:

You know you could have skied Mt Ellen yesterday for only $30? Just sayin

Yeah I knew that, unfortunately everyone else in my group didn’t want to so had to stick with them. Mt Ellen was fun today until the slidebrook express went down and we had to shuttle back over. FIS was ROTD as well as the woods between rim run and FIS. 

• Like 1

This is the only picture I took today, having too much fun to stop and take photos. Every lift was ski on today, no crowds, no lines, bluebird day. 23 degrees and not a cloud in sight. Lapped gatehouse for an hour until slidebrook express opened at 10. Took that over to mt Ellen, down to north ridge express, made our way over to summit quad and lapped runs through that area (can’t remember all of them) for 3 hours. Took a few park laps then back up to the top of summit quad. Hit the trees between FIS and panorama, surprisingly good. Lower FIS and spin out had moguls, getting better at those each day. I think the hockey background has helped me skiing with the quick turns and having a feel on what the edges are going to do. Called it quits at 3:30 and took the shuttle back to the condo. Heading out to castlerock pub shortly for happy hour. 

3ADAD10A-E344-400D-8A52-21D28ABD42E3.jpeg

8D1A421B-0A97-4D4D-8886-A174ECD044B6.jpeg

270445E2-A928-484D-9F85-06EBF8A31B1A.jpeg

• Like 5

On 2/28/2019 at 2:39 PM, Kyle said:

On skis, yes. I’ve been to Vermont a bunch of times before, just snowboarding instead of skiing. 

Did you have to take your skis off to get down at all?  Did you try skiing onto the Gondola?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1