Season Pass Sale

guitar73

Very attractive deal to consider, thanks for the heads up. One thing that is appealing about Montage is that there are some pretty good quality reasonable priced hotels a few miles away (I like Hampton Inns), making it a better option for both weekend days than Blue is, mitigating the greater distance and an easier place to ski Pow days (also helped by proximity to Interstate. And of course the "never a lift line" factor.

Considering this, Ikon, CB Value, and waiting to see what offers Peak and ORDA come through with.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Very attractive deal to consider, thanks for the heads up. One thing that is appealing about Montage is that there are some pretty good quality reasonable priced hotels a few miles away (I like Hampton Inns), making it a better option for both weekend days than Blue is, mitigating the greater distance and an easier place to ski Pow days (also helped by proximity to Interstate. And of course the "never a lift line" factor.

Considering this, Ikon, CB Value, and waiting to see what offers Peak and ORDA come through with.

I like to bet.  if anybody wants odds let me know.....and no, im not interested in any of Toast's friendly high fives or what ever he likes to bet.    

Chances of Skitoolive ending up with the - 

Ikon - 2%

CB value - 77%

Peak - 6%

ORDA 5%

Some other shiny object - 10%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I like to bet.  if anybody wants odds let me know.....and no, im not interested in any of Toast's friendly high fives or what ever he likes to bet.    

Ikon - 2%

CB value - 77%

Peak - 6%

ORDA 5%

What about blue. 

11 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Ikon - 2%

CB value - 77%

Peak - 6%

ORDA 5%

Why dismiss Montage?

PS&R cards also an option

Definitely passing on Mountain Creek 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What about blue. 

Not doing Blue. Maybe the following year.

4 strikes against it

- more expensive pass price than at least Montage, CB, Ikon options

- no kids pricing makes no reason to do it this year over others

- we are getting a bit bored going to same place every weekend and would not want a second consecutive year devoted to same place

- it is the only pass option we would not get any benefit from this Spring, as we already have passes there this year

• Like 1

Of course if I can get in on the betting action, depending on odds and $ caps on bets, that could influence my decision.

Who wants to let Pete Rose in the HOF?

Like if you will give 10:1 odds against me getting Blue passes, and take a $100 bet, I will even bring the sausage when we make it on a Sunday.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

By this logic you should skip a year w/o passes. Because having two sets of passes for one spring is definitely wasteful, no matter whether it's for the same mountain or two.

Yes, that is a factor against Montage and CB. Less so against the other options as I see NY/VT/Rockies skiing options as distinct enough that Blue isnt real competitive, particularly as they will likely be available after Blue closes its slopes.

And is offset by the fact that Ikon deal is unique to while they will be under 13 - so only next year.

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Of course if I can get in on the betting action, depending on odds and $ caps on bets, that could influence my decision.

Who wants to let Pete Rose in the HOF?

Like if you will give 10:1 odds against me getting Blue passes, and take a $100 bet, I will even bring the sausage when we make it on a Sunday.

Stop

• 11 months later...

Montage offering $299 passes again for 20-21. Definitely the best deal in PA.

Considering perhaps  doing both this and Ikon Base  - could get both for the 3 of us for a total of 1934 - but waiting to see what the Epic pricing looks like for next year before making the call. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Montage offering $299 passes again for 20-21. Definitely the best deal in PA.

Considering perhaps  doing both this and Ikon Base  - could get both for the 3 of us for a total of 1934 - but waiting to see what the Epic pricing looks like for next year before making the call. 

Of course it is the best deal in PA...tenor-47709216.gif.111ba1e073efb6a4a3a70bd9df5b0f07.gif

• Like 2

I'm curious to know if he's researched and skied all of the mountains in PA to come up with his "best deal in PA" hypothesis. I would think that in order to make a statement such as that you would have to have at least skied every single resort in Pennsylvania (seven springs, blue knob, etc) then compiled each resorts pass price to determine which offers the best value per dollar spent, not to mention consider each skier in Pennsylvania's location to figure out if it's feasible to drive to Montage from their location. Such a broad statement certainly requires some scientific data to back it up in my opinion. I would think that a skier in Pittsburgh would disagree with his assessment that Montage offers the best value.

• Like 3

Only candidates for best deal in PA for me would be the places I like skiing that are significantly closer than Hunter. 

So that is to say it is a better deal than the passes offered by Blue or Camelback. Waiting to see what Frost/Epic deal is.

Not being Blue not even a factor. If Blue were to offer a pass at the identical price I would say it was the best deal in PA. But not at 40% more $.

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Only candidates for best deal in PA for me would be the places I like skiing that are significantly closer than Hunter. 

So that is to say it is a better deal than the passes offered by Blue or Camelback. Waiting to see what Frost/Epic deal is.

Not being Blue not even a factor. If Blue were to offer a pass at the identical price I would say it was the best deal in PA. But not at 40% more $.

*** DING DING DING ***

Hunter was mentioned.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Then "Best Deal in PA" cannot be used to describe the $299 Montage pass offer. "A heck of a deal" or "Best value for me" would certainly be more apropos.

Is anyplace as good offering a season pass for less in PA?

If so I would love to know about it.