Old Phartz do Whitefish 3/2-3/9

rummy

14 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Take a ride out to Turner, it's supposed to be great.

Thanks for the tip, but it's only open Fri-Sun and we won't have a car, so we probably won't make it.

It looks interesting, only one double chair....   Sure would be nice to add another coffee mug though..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

That’s how old y’all are? Damn you guys don’t look, act, or ski like it. Keep on crushing it!

It's not an age.... It's an attitude... Sorry you missed skiing with Dad that day, he has even less common sense than Big Al and me...

• Like 5

Rummy 68, Big Al 69, and Dad 70, are heading out to MT tomorrow on our 35th annual " StagTrip".  This trip will complete our list of skiing the top 30 Western Resorts in the USA and Canada. The rankings are from readers of Ski Magazine several years ago and I'm sure have changed somewhat over the years.  But anyway close enough...

Overnight tonight at a "park and fly" hotel, then fly out of Dulles / Minneapolis / Kalispell. Rented a VRBO in Whitefish. Walking distance to bars, restaurants, grocery store and shuttle bus to the Mountain. No car necessary as transfers from/to airport are booked as well.

Conditions are real nice ( not quite JH nice) and weather is good for next week with some snow, but mostly sunshine predicted.

We got a real deal on lift tickets.  Dad skis Free at 70, one week's pass comes with the rental, and an old phartz 4 of 6 day pass is $207.  We'll split that $207 three ways at a cost of about $13.00 per ticket.   

I'll keep the crew posted.....

Kalispell is a cool town. Enjoy!

• Like 1

It's Damn Cold Now!! 4° and falling to -10° by 7:00 AM. Fairly calm winds now, but pilot said sustained winds of 35 mph are predicted. It's not predicted to break 10° until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon.   BRRR

Rumor from property manager said mountain could be closed Sunday  because of the extreme cold.  Van driver said it was -41 wind chill on top this morning.

Unfortunately, I may not be "getting it done". I hurt my shoulder on Wednesday (yea the one I broke 3 yrs ago) and it feels almost that bad.  I've been taking some pain relievers which seem to help.

I think it may be a rotator cuff......  so we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

• Sad 1

Temp is -17 at the mountain this morning. 14 mph winds with a wind chill of -46 at the top. We're going to take a look but not going to ski. Early mountain report said lift closures may happen at any time.
My shoulder feels better this morning, I'm going to give it another days rest and hope for more improvement and warmer conditions tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2