PASR Does Jackson: Round 3 (Yet Anothet Thread To Track)

indiggio

37 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You got the nachos?!? They were too big for Ryan @mute1080 and I to tackle. 

Splitting nachos with Atomic Jeff forces me to eat fast..the Mangy has some good nachos.  I only had nachos this last trip at the Silver dollar bar and they were about 1/3 as large as the Mangy ones but I ordered a small. Mangy just one size.  I would talk about nachos more but i already have a half Chubb from the pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Splitting nachos with Atomic Jeff forces me to eat fast..the Mangy has some good nachos.  I only had nachos this last trip at the Silver dollar bar and they were about 1/3 as large as the Mangy ones but I ordered a small. Mangy just one size.  I would talk about nachos more but i already have a half Chubb from the pictures. 

Food doesn't last long if I'm around.

• Like 1

Day 6, not the way I had it planned!

Got to the base around 7:40 or so and took our spot at the beginning of the gondy line.  There was a cloud layer halfway up the mountain and the sun was peeking through at times.  It was also a bit colder than yesterday, which actually felt good.

Got on the gondy and ride up.  About 1/2 way up, a strange feeling came over me that I’ve never experienced before and it kinda frightened me.  Hoping it was just some random thing, maybe the altitude, I dunno, but decided to run down to Thunder and see what happens.

We came down Ampitheater which was covered in about 2” of icing overtop sweet grooming.  Ok, that was good, but still didn’t feel quite right.  Up Thunder and down Laramie and still not feeling quite right.  Then going up Sublette the feeling returns, that tears it, time to head for lower altitudes.

Sat st the base for a while and can’t shake this weird feeling, so I head for the medical clinic that’s behind the Bridger gondy.  I go in and they suggest a ski patroller talk to me.  He brings out an pulse-ox sensor and those numbers are fine. 

Still having these periodic waves, he thinks it best that I get an EKG to see if there’s anytginf going on with my heart.  Wonderful, I’m supposed to leave tomorrow, what a debacle!  Still not knowing what the hell is going on, I get registered and the hook me up.  They also draw blood in case I had had a heart attack. They also hang a saline IV. Being a clinic they have no lab and with no transportation, I get a ride in an ambulance.

At the hospital I get swarmed upon by all sorts of people and tell the doc the story.  Eventually all bloodwork comes back normal and after a second bag of IV saline the strange waves subside.  

The doc asked if I had been drinking water and I told him I had a camelbak.  He said if I was just sipping on it every lift, with all the sweating and exertion skiing yesterday’s snow, I hadn’t taken in near enough water to replenish the lost fluids.  They discharged me with severe dehydration.

Thanks to @tarponhead for bringing me my shoes and taking my skis & boots back to the condo!

At least I know know how it feels to be dehydrated.  Unfortunately those symptoms are very similar to a heart attack.  

Lesson learned: Stay hydrated my friends!

• Like 3