2019-20 Skison Pass decision making

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Options currently under consideration

1. Montage

2. Camelback Value

3. ORDA (pass for kids, I get Ski3 card)

4. Ikon Base and some PA skiing

5. Ikon Standard

6. Peak

7. PS&R cards/BOGOs/Liftopia, etc

Blue having more than doubled their price for us from $597 to $1287 priced themselves out of consideration

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Love 2

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What’s the difference between Ikon standard and Ikon base passes? #7 is best for you to ski Blue the most..

They're bored with True Blue and want to ski somewhere else..

Edited by saltyant

Peak is likely to be significantly more expensive than Blue. But the fact that it works for more challenging places that we would want to take weekend trips could make up for it. If we sprang for that, the trade off would likely be no Rockies trip for girls, just trips to VT and NH. 

Same would be true for ORDA pass. 

If they want a Rockies trip they should opt for Ikon, Montage, CB or #7

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

You should look into buying a Tesla. The gas you save may be best invested in a more expensive pass at a better mountain. You could buy the Tesla with a high rewards card and save money on airfare with the ikon pass that you can now afford with the money you saved by buying a Tesla. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shadows said:

You should look into buying a Tesla. The gas you save may be best invested in a more expensive pass at a better mountain. You could buy the Tesla with a high rewards card and save money on airfare with the ikon pass that you can now afford with the money you saved by buying a Tesla. 

You can’t buy a car with a credit card..usually you get put down some sort of deposit with a credit card for us to about $2500-5000.  Reason is that car dealerships make a low margin so giving up 3-4% off the top to credit card companies isn’t gonna fly. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can’t buy a car with a credit card..usually you get put down some sort of deposit with a credit card for us to about $2500-5000.  Reason is that car dealerships make a low margin so giving up 3-4% off the top to credit card companies isn’t gonna fly. 

My aunt used a credit card to buy a  new car, for frequent flier miles. True story. 

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you figure hotel costs in that or can you use credit card points for Hampton inn stays??

I don't see Montage as far enough that a hotel required, we would just use Hampton Inn there if we wanted to ski both days on a weekend, in which case my analysis would be the cost of the hotel was worth saving a RT drive 

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep Catskills sucks for hotels, as does Elk. 

The best was the one hotel I stayed at near belleayre where they gave you a remote control at the front desk..The Delaware court motel could be in a horror movie..there’s probably mold there older than me.  Cheapest hotel I stayed at was a no name motel in Toledo Ohio it was like $22.99 a night..pimps and hoes all around..hard to take a date to chili’s for under $22.99 and that’s if she drinks water wow. 

• Sad 1