2019-20 Skison Pass decision making

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Epic out of the running. Even their local pass would cost us $90 more than the full Ikon pass. And I would rather have Stratton/Killington/Sugarbush as my VT options than only Okemo (the only VT option on Epic local). They both have great options in Rockies so that isn't a factor.

So choosing between Ikon, Peak and Montage at this point - and most likely we will do one of the passes not "option 7" as the kids are with me both winter long weekends next year, when PS&R cards and the BOGOs we get with their season rentals are blacked out. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Epic out of the running. Even their local pass would cost us $90 more than the full Ikon pass. And I would rather have Stratton/Killington/Sugarbush as my VT options than only Okemo (the only VT option on Epic local). They both have great options in Rockies so that isn't a factor.

So choosing between Ikon, Peak and Montage at this point - and most likely we will do one of the passes not "option 7" as the kids are with me both winter long weekends next year, when PS&R cards and the BOGOs we get with their season rentals are blacked out. 

Congrats

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Healthy blood pressure, though Luke Perry spooked me as a seemingly healthy guy younger than me dropping dead from sudden natural causes

People die in their 50s all the time.  We’ve set entire truckloads of tombstones of people born in the 50s and 60s but luckily most people make it to at least age 75 for men and 80 for women...

• Like 1

They did away with it.

That sucks. I cant imagine too many Gettysburg area /Maryland locals are going to see the hunter, Crotched, Mt. Snow etc. options as a perk. I wouldn't drive 7 hours or so for Mt. Snow. That's insane. Would be quicker and easier to fly to Denver for SLC.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t ski corbetts I mainly ski the single blacks at JH and only one or two of the doubles..Eaf there are also some easy groomers at JH for the herbs. 

Dont think I'll ever go to JH. Skiing 3 or 4 groomers all day for several days would get repetitive. I like to explore the mountain and I know I would venture off and fall down Corbetts accidentally or something.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Dont think I'll ever go to JH. Skiing 3 or 4 groomers all day for several days would get repetitive. I like to explore the mountain and I know I would venture off and fall down Corbetts accidentally or something.

By the time you go to JH you’ll be competent skiing bumps and steeps abs trees and there’s more than 3-4 groomers.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

By the time you go to JH you’ll be competent skiing bumps and steeps abs trees 

Thanks. Possibly. The older I get the less risks I'm inclined to take, so I'm probably a terminal intermediate which I'm ok with. Injuries require too much paperwork to deal with.

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Why don’t you take your little bro? Jeff would love to be that third wheel. 

Thanks for the invitation but I'm done with ski trips for the season. Also Steeze prefers to skifari solo which I respect, I enjoy soloing also.

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Please dont keep us in suspense here.  

Kids need to be consulted further tonight now that I have roughed out a calendar of where we would ski when each season with each option.

I have also ruled out Ikon base pass, so our three options are

Peak

Ikon standard

Montage

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Kids need to be consulted further tonight now that I have roughed out a calendar of where we would ski when each season with each option.

I have also ruled out Ikon base pass, so our three options are

Peak

Ikon standard

Montage

What’s the difference between ikon base and ikon standard??  Wasn’t camelback an option?  

You get ruled by two underage women. Be a man and get three Mountain Creek passes. Dirt cheap, close, has three majestic mountains in one and you won't be called a gaper there. Ski it every day because it's in your backyard. No need to drive for half a day to be hit with crowds and same sheets of eastern ice as here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

For us the difference with the Ikon base is it would save us $380 but limit us to 5 days at each of the 3 VT areas.

Kids ranked CB as their least favorite of the options, so it got voted off the island, tiki torch and all

At least they like camelback better than Blue.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

You get ruled by two underage women. Be a man and get three Mountain Creek passes. Dirt cheap, close, has three majestic mountains in one and you won't be called a gaper there. Ski it every day because it's in your backyard. No need to drive for half a day to be hit with crowds and same sheets of eastern ice as here.

I think the drive to mountain creek is about the same for Ski2Live as the drive to blue.