2019-20 Skison Pass decision making

Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I dont like skiing at Mt Creek.

My first choice is Peak Pass. Let's see where we come out.

How far are BM, JFBB and Hunter from you?

Edited by eaf

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

1:45, 2 hours and 2.75 hours respectively. 

I see this has been discussed already ;) With these numbers and selections BM's pass is way better than Peak. All that "variety" that Peak seems to offer won't be worth it given that the variety is all on this coast and requires a substantial drive.

I just wanted to let everyone know that, after consulting with friends, family, former high school classmates, book club members, neighbors and random strangers, that I've narrowed my season pass choices for the 19-20 ski season to the following 5 areas...

1) Blue Mt.

2) Blue Mountain the True Mountain

3) Blu

4) Booter Mountain

5) Little Gap ski area

I just wanted to keep you all in the loop. I'll have my decision made by Thursday March 21st at approximately 4:49 pm.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think Hunter, Mt Snow (and I expect, though I have not been there) Wildcat and Attitash are all significantly better skiing than Blue, and like having Frost for when we dont want to drive more, and BB for some local April turns.

Not significantly for sure. And let's not forget that in order to get decent skiing on any mountain here you need to hit it in the early morning. The longer drive will make wakeups unbearable, and hotels will negate all the savings. Plus gas. Plus you'll be tired. Plus "are we there yet?" This thread is gonna have an Agatha Christie kind of an ending with a purchase of another round of BM passes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

Not significantly for sure. And let's not forget that in order to get decent skiing on any mountain here you need to hit it in the early morning. The longer drive will make wakeups unbearable, and hotels will negate all the savings. Plus gas. Plus you'll be tired. Plus "are we there yet?" This thread is gonna have an Agatha Christie kind of an ending with a purchase of another round of BM passes.

Time to google Agatha Christie..must be a Russian thing. 

Edit: before my time..died in 1976 I’m more of a Mark Twain guy and I like Tom Sawyer by Rush...no relationship to Chris Christie. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

To me even Hunter is a night and day difference. The runs are 50% longer, there are way more skiable trees, natural bumps rather than seeded ones, and the double blacks on Hunter west challenge me - while there is nothing at Blue that challenges me unless it is because it gets scraped to ice. 

It will be a nice way to keep the girls skills progressing.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

To me even Hunter is a night and day difference. The runs are 50% longer, there are way more trees, and the double blacks on Hunter west challenge me - while there is nothing at Blue that challenges me unless it is because it gets scraped to ice. 

Then get a peak pass so you can ski hunter every other weekend when you don’t have the twins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you a fan of Happy Days and/or Beverly Hills 90210?

Nah. I think I rode on a helicopter that was featured in Beverly Hills at the Bloomsburg Fair in 2004... or maybe that was Miami Vice. Sometimes I'll see Happy Days on Me TV and will sort of watch it. I think it's a show I would like a lot if I actually watched it.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Nah. I think I rode on a helicopter that was featured in Beverly Hills at the Bloomsburg Fair in 2004... or maybe that was Miami Vice. Sometimes I'll see Happy Days on Me TV and will sort of watch it. I think it's a show I would like a lot if I actually watched it.

I watched both shows..Mrs. Cunningham is a told babe..almost as hot as the mom from that 70s show.  Well it’s that time to get ready for skiing.  Salty make sure people stay on topic!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I watched both shows..Mrs. Cunningham is a told babe..almost as hot as the mom from that 70s show.  Well it’s that time to get ready for skiing.  Salty make sure people stay on topic!!!

Ok. I like the redhead from 70s show but Mila Kunis is also pretty hot. Maybe I'll ski Thursday night.

Ski2Live what's your final decision???

Edited by saltyant

Ok. I like the redhead from 70s show but Mila Kunis is also pretty hot. Maybe I'll ski Thursday night.
Ski2Live what's your final decision???

I believe deliberations are underway. A decision should be announced shortly. Salty patience isn't just the ability to wait. It's how we behave while we're waiting.