Trip Report - 3/4/2019 (PASR Day)

saltyant

Hey all,

Just got back from a fun session at Camelback, and it was the best session I had there all season. In da house were Enjoralas, Enjoralas's Dad, and many many others.

I arrived at the CBK Lodge bright and early at 0828 and had the first civilian parking spot, which was only 26 steps from the snow. This spot was easily the best parking spot I've ever had at any ski resort. I skied down to the Stevenson Lift at 0846 and there were maybe 12 people in line already on the hotel side. But since they dilly dallyed around, I got the first civilian chair of the day which was sick and I only had to share it with one other dude.

First run down Pocono Raceway was deeeeep - 3, perhaps 4 inches of fresh Powder. I gasped for air because I forgot my snorkel, but it was an amazing run. Then I did Nile Mile, which was groomed, and some other very exciting runs. Shortly before 1000 I ran into Enjoralas & his dad, and we did several runs together. Enjoralas referred to the new terrain park as a Toboggan Sled, since skier's left is narrow AF, and there's no barrier on the left to prevent accidental skiing into the woods. This trail was not so great and had thick ice sheets at the top.

Rest of the trails got choppy, and there were moguls on all black runs, Cliffhanger (a true double black), and Big Pocono. Enjoralas did Big Pocono and then we did The Rocket together which was ROTD. Lots of nice fresh purd and not a whole lot of ice. Then we split and met up again later in the day, and I went inside for some coffee and a double Steezeburger. It was baffling because they put the sugar by the ketchup, outside of the cafeteria area, instead of next to the coffee, cream, stirrers, etc. A worker admitted it's a stupid arrangement.

Overall it was a very fun day, one of the best of the skison without a doubt. Nile Mile and Julius Caesar became downright rowdy by the afternoon, despite being easy runs, with plenty of Rollers which gave me mad air (about 2 inches).  I think it was gaper day because there were so many gapers. One guy was sitting right under a huge jump on Pharoah, in the blind spot. You know just hanging out. I heckled him and told him that's not the smartest place on the mountain to sit. Also getting off lifts was hard today, and 50% of lift disembarkings involved dodging fallen jerrys.

Two interesting interactions on the lift. Some girl told me she works in an ER and sees traumatic brain injuries from skiing all the time, yet she doesn't wear a helmet so I called her out on that. Also some guy called me a giant fucking toolbag because I accidentally cut in line... I thought there were 3 people in the row I joined but there were 4, so I went ahead. This is the second time I accidentally cut in line, yesterday I did by accident at the Dollar General buying a giant bag of Meow Mix and some guy said "How Wude" or something. Maybe tomorrow I'll make it 3 in a row. Overall JADIP SU JO PO.

Please post all dinner pictures and related discussions in the comments below:

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

This TR reminds me of Mad Libs where Saltman just filled in the blanks. GSS should get royalties.

I love it. This is satire at its finest. SallyCat (regretfully so busy these days skiing her VT super pass) would be proud of him.

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I like to think of this TR as like a Steeze report tribute band. I've read so many excellent Blue Mountain TRs that I wrote this without even having to refer back to any Blue reports.

Thanks Salty I’m blushing. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, eaf said:

I love it. This is satire at its finest. SallyCat (regretfully so busy these days skiing her VT super pass) would be proud of him.

SallyCat didn’t like when Salty would spell tracks as tra.x She’s been working a lot in Vermont.  Hasn’t skied that much but has met some hippies. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup I didn’t want to get written up.  Are you still in Malvern?  Maybe JFDan wants to meet you for dinner sometime this week.  

Yep. I think Atomic asked him in the parking lot and he agreed to in a few centuries from now.