Anyone else getting 2019-20 Peak Pass

3 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Meanwhile people are freaking the fuck out on liberty, roundtop and whitetail mountain FB pages because they have to buy peak passes next season.

Thanks I have some entertaining reading material for lunch. I was meaning to check that out, that sucks for them because there aren't any other options close by.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Shirley they will lol. Anyway central PA is pretty irrelevant to me.  

The Roundtop Ministry of Truth is trying their best to spin this as a positive on Facebook... like that the pass offers access to skiing in the mid-west! Lolololol. Road trip to ski Ohio anyone?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sounds about right. Those folks got F'd in my opinion.

I think alot of Peak passholders get hosed on this deal.  I would bet there is a large percentage of JFBB passholders that have never been to another Peak owned resort on their pass.   At least from the Pocono area, its not too bad to get to Hunter or MS, but from Roundtop add 2 hrs or so.  

I forget what my last JFBB pass cost, but i am sure it was considerably less.  I left there for Blue because i wanted to ski with the best skiers on the east coast, but even if i was in love with JFBB, that pass price point would have me looking elsewhere.  Dont get me wrong here, NY and VT are cool, but if i am going to drive to NY, i think it would be Gore or Whiteface, and if i was to drive to VT, i would pass Mount Snow and go to Stowe, SB, Smuggs.  Skiing out West will always be priority trip in my book.  

Edited by JFskiDan

33 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Was a Roundtop pass any more expensive. A drifter pass costs the same as a season pass the Blue would for me, and I have the bonus of a free day at Hunter or Mt $now. 

Ahhh, drifter pass for people under 30....that makes sense.  keeps the little park rats with a pass, pretty much knowing they wont make it to most other places.  

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Ahhh, drifter pass for people under 30....that makes sense.  keeps the little park rats with a pass, pretty much knowing they wont make it to most other places.  

I have the drifter pass now and it's awesome being able to check out the different mountains offered. Yeah they aren't the best and might be a little far but being able to ski at different places is cool

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RyGuy19 said:

I have the drifter pass now and it's awesome being able to check out the different mountains offered. Yeah they aren't the best and might be a little far but being able to ski at different places is cool

Thats a great price if you take advantage of it, like you have.  But anybody over 29 that has no intention of skiing anything other than their home mountain just kinda ends up paying more for a pass to their home mountain.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think alot of Peak passholders get hosed on this deal.  I would bet there is a large percentage of JFBB passholders that have never been to another Peak owned resort on their pass.   At least from the Pocono area, its not too bad to get to Hunter or MS, but from Roundtop add 2 hrs or so.  

I forget what my last JFBB pass cost, but i am sure it was considerably less.  I left there for Blue because i wanted to ski with the best skiers on the east coast, but even if i was in love with JFBB, that pass price point would have me looking elsewhere.  Dont get me wrong here, NY and VT are cool, but if i am going to drive to NY, i think it would be Gore or Whiteface, and if i was to drive to VT, i would pass Mount Snow and go to Stowe, SB, Smuggs.  Skiing out West will always be priority trip in my book.  

From central NJ I will likely hit Hunter as often as JFrost, as the extra 2 hrs R/T is made up for by runs 2.5x as long and 2x as challenging with about the same time spent on the lift.

And S.Vt is about as far as I would drive to ski on a 2 day weekend, which could even be done with one night in a hotel if we are hit the slopes around 11 on Sat and then get a full day in Sunday.

For longer trips I look forward to checking out the NH options.

Doubt I will do it multiple years, but these options should be more satisfying for a season than a Blue only pass was this year - and get the kids skills up to a level to better enjoy an Ikon pass the following year.

Not that I have any complaints about the $12 or less per skier day Blue will have set us back as it is more fun than seeing a movie every weekend. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski