Anyone else getting 2019-20 Peak Pass

49 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Peak doesn't make the people at their midwest mountains buy the "Peak" pass that includes New England. If they were decent they would offer an option for just a Whitetail, Roundtop, and Liberty pass then offer the option for the New England mountains. The midwest mountains have a lot of cheaper options as well.

https://www.paolipeaks.com/season-passes

Honestly, if i was still at Frost, i would probably be a little huffy that i couldnt get just a JFBB pass.  The other Peak East Coast Mts dont really do much for me.  My first preference for making a trip would be out west.  I wouldnt go to Mount Snow thinking it would compare to JH, Snowbird, etc.  

18 minutes ago, eaf said:

There are quite a few comments on Liberty FB page about getting a BM pass instead of the Peak one. Now, if all that south PA clientele suddenly migrates to BM slopes, won't the weekends become even more "fun"?

Wait till those people see what Vail does to the price of passes.  

Seriously though, those people are using skitoolive math.  Lets assume Liberty, roundtop, whitetail draws most of their population from Harrisburg.  Its probably close to 2 hrs to drive to Blue.  Thats a lot of gas and time spent.  It would probably end up costing the average Harrsburgian more to ski Blue than putting up with the Peak Pass.  Is Blue better?  Maybe in some aspects, but the thinking the Blue pass will be cheaper for them hasnt been thought out so good.  Obviously the more East of Hburg you are, the more this may make sense.  

2 hours ago, eaf said:

There are quite a few comments on Liberty FB page about getting a BM pass instead of the Peak one. Now, if all that south PA clientele suddenly migrates to BM slopes, won't the weekends become even more "fun"?

The amount those folks would spend on gas to drive to blue from liberty would offset the extra cost of the peak pass. 

I get the morality of it, I don’t get the economics of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The amount those folks would spend on gas to drive to blue from liberty would offset the extra cost of the peak pass. 

I get the morality of it, I don’t get the economics of it. 

These people are bitching so much over a couple bucks.  They should turn lemons into lemonade and go on a trip to hunter or mount snow or be like Root and buy a season pass elsewhere. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

But really the increase is quite modest at $50 for an adult. Blue just increased $30 and didn't give you access to NY, VT mountains.

I thought the increase was a couple hundred.  Everybody is complaining about $50.  Yeah Blue increases their pass price by $30 but it’s still less than the $519 early bird from three years ago. 

1 hour ago, poconoceancity said:

It’s funny when it happened to JFBB nobody cared and I was happy to not have to go to the ticket window anymore.

The direct to lift happened a few years before the Peak Pass.  It was direct to lift like the last 2 years i was there.  I think they did the Peak pass thing when they bought hunter.  i remember we had discounts to Mt Snow on our pass before that.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well things change.  Blue used to have a weekday pass and they got rid of that.  

Yeah, I understand people complaining when OOP goes up significantly, but the fact is that the price didn’t really go up that much, they just eliminated a product they didn’t want to offer anymore. 

$200ish for unlimited number of accesses (albeit time restricted) to any ski hill is really under market. It’s one of those be thankful it was around as long as it was/be angry that it’s been eliminated catch-22s.

So it looks like Liberty, Rountop, and Whitetail workers took a road trip up to Hunter as they are posting it all over their Instagram accounts. My guess is to try to get people to see what the Peak Pass has to offer. Sort of a smart marketing move I'd say 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RyGuy19 said:

So it looks like Liberty, Rountop, and Whitetail workers took a road trip up to Hunter as they are posting it all over their Instagram accounts. My guess is to try to get people to see what the Peak Pass has to offer. Sort of a smart marketing move I'd say 

I’m surprised most of the Liberty Roundtop and whitetail skiers and riders have never been to hunter.  Seems like the Catskills is the first place most PA skiers travel to when they ski outside of PA for the first time. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m surprised most of the Liberty Roundtop and whitetail skiers and riders have never been to hunter.  Seems like the Catskills is the first place most PA skiers travel to when they ski outside of PA for the first time. 

Agreed. Even when I was in school we had a trip up to Vermont or some part of the Catskills for an extend weekend. Plus on the NY Through-way there are signs posted all over the place about Hunter

4 minutes ago, RyGuy19 said:

Agreed. Even when I was in school we had a trip up to Vermont or some part of the Catskills for an extend weekend. Plus on the NY Through-way there are signs posted all over the place about Hunter

Hunter and killington were the first places I ever heard of when I first became an avid skier in 6th grade...a kid I went to school with who’s like Richie rich went to vail and I thought that was badass.