Anyone else getting 2019-20 Peak Pass

I'm actually considering it, for different reasons. I just accepted a boarding-school teaching gig for next year and it's in New Hampshire just to the east of Mt. Moosilauke and west of I-91. So I'm near a LOT of skiing, but not at all sure what sort of pass arrangement I should make. I'll still have a condo on Ascutney so could do weekends down here. Or focus on skiing in the Whites. Current options afaik:

White Mountain Super Pass

New England Pass

Freedom Pass

Peak Pass

Epic Pass

Or just pick one mountain for the season.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I'm actually considering it, for different reasons. I just accepted a boarding-school teaching gig for next year and it's in New Hampshire just to the east of Mt. Moosilauke and west of I-91. So I'm near a LOT of skiing, but not at all sure what sort of pass arrangement I should make. I'll still have a condo on Ascutney so could do weekends down here. Or focus on skiing in the Whites. Current options afaik:

New England Pass

Freedom Pass

Peak Pass

Epic Pass

Awesome. Congrats, Sally! I had a feeling you would be back teaching sooner than later 😀

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RyGuy19 said:

So it looks like Liberty, Rountop, and Whitetail workers took a road trip up to Hunter as they are posting it all over their Instagram accounts. My guess is to try to get people to see what the Peak Pass has to offer. Sort of a smart marketing move I'd say 

Is there a link somewhere?

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

New England Pass

Freedom Pass

Peak Pass

Epic Pass

Congratulations!

Are you gonna move or just commute?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

New England Pass

Freedom Pass

Peak Pass

Epic Pass

Way to get after it...you’ll get more skiing in next season with new gig with weekends and holidays off. Will you be living at the boarding school?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Congratulations!

Are you gonna move or just commute?

Thanks! The job comes with housing, so I can live their when school’s in session and still have the condo for summers and vacays. It’s only about an hour and fifteen from where I live now.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I am excited about being so close to SO MUCH skiing! Still not at all sure what to do, pass-wise. 

I checked with Magic, and even though I'll be working in NH, I can get a Magic teacher season pass (which is an unlimited season pass that gets me on the Freedom Pass) for $319. That gets me three days each at some small areas in the Whites as well as Bolton. 

But I'm probably going to AirBnB my Ascutney Condo, so I'm not sure how much I'll be in Brownsville in the winter. (I want to keep it free for summer mountain biking and hanging out with friends; I'm not at all ready to part with my Brownsville residency). So maybe it makes sense to look at the New England Pass, or Cannon? Or what's the one that gets me Stowe and Okemo? That might be a good combo; I'll be 90 minutes from each place!

Ah, First World Problems.

I'm actually legitimately better at skiing now than I was last year. Looking forward to some sweet spring skiing!

• Like 4

Stowe and Okemo is Epic pass, which gets you a bunch of options out west as well, if you wanna go that route. Cannon and wildcat look pretty cool, and I'd imagine are gonna be waaaaay less crowded than Stowe. Unfortunately I haven't made it up there this year, but have friends who are local there and they said the crowds since stowe went epic have been pretty bonkers on weekends.

• Like 1