Whiteface Suggestions

Mess

My annual ski trip to Vermont has hit a snag.  10 day weather report showing rain for most of the East Coast.  Whiteface is the only mountain showing promise.  Might rain one day but figured we could check out olympic village.  Any information/suggestions for the  area appreciated.

If you want to be in town close to restaurants, shops etc. Stay in Lake Placid. If you'd rather be near the mountain stay in Wilmington. If you're going on the weekend the town gets bombarded with the Can Am Hockey kids on Thursdays apparently. Depending on where you're staying that could mean a lot of noise at your hotel. If you're in town though you could park your car and potentially not move it again until you leave if you don't mind a shuttle to WF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mess said:

My annual ski trip to Vermont has hit a snag.  10 day weather report showing rain for most of the East Coast.  Whiteface is the only mountain showing promise.  Might rain one day but figured we could check out olympic village.  Any information/suggestions for the  area appreciated.

Here is one thing i know about the weather, since i have to deal with it on a daily basis. (not in the winter)  Forecast is accurate about 3 days out.  10 days out, i am sure you can look around and find a forecast you like, and 3 you dont like.  I dont really see how WF forecast would really be much different than VT generally speaking.  I do believe we may have "seasonal" to above average temps next week, and then cold again.  I would wait 1 week and see what the forecast really looks like.  I doubt you will have trouble finding lodging.  

• Like 1