3/9/19..the day everybody waits for.....boots

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 720AM and in the house were JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Root, Mute, Ryan, Toast, Shadows, PSUFly, Nastar Glenn Phillycore, MBike Mike, Salty, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, ZZSlope, Bethlehem ford guy and many others.  

Temperaturws were in the low 20s and rose through the 20s and 30s under sunny sky’s.  I ended up on second civilian chair but that wasn’t gonna stop me enjoying the great snow. I skied challenge twice to start and was super nice cord..Nightmare to Dream was also good and still had a few rollers.  I enjoyed Switchback although was very dark..my favorite today was going across to lower widowmaker than the chute and I skied that Root with Root twice. 

Liftlines got fairly bad but I was able to get a lot of nice runs in and the parking lot was off the chain with donuts, snacks, good beer and sunshine..all in all was a fun day.  I am also in possession of these boots that were left next to my car.  Claim them and they’ll bbe delivered to you. 

5D2717BB-47B9-4A2D-9179-D207D19F8B18.jpeg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Great report!! I stayed for a while longer to get after it and made multiple runs down Razors, Challenge, NMDW and Sidewinder. Skied every run open today except Burma and Paradise.

Thanks.  Im glad you had fun. Im still wondering who’s boots those are. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks.  Im glad you had fun.

I played Highway to the Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins going down Razors and pretended I was in Top Gun, but it wasnt quite the same because I'm not a millionaire like Tom Cruise.

Yeah, the crowds surely picked up earlier than usual today. Last weekend it was 10am, and today at 9am the quad became packed. Thankfully, I was alone this time, so could take advantage of VIP gates, even though they periodically malfunctioned thereby gathering a small crowd of anxious passholders. Sometimes it was clearly a human factor, I saw one dude repeatedly trying to go through the VIP gate with a regular ticket. Amazingly, nobody close to him would give him a clue.

For those who shy away from the Summit lodge, there was a Carve 4 Cancer event up there. Some free stuff, tacos, demo boards, live music and even a big stage in Vista ballroom for a  concert to be had at 2:30pm. Couldn't wait that long...

And yeah, the snow and sun were so good!

• Like 2