Weekend prognosis?

tnt

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m not entering bump competition but I plan on skiing some bumps..

I heard tell of the course layout and not too wound up about it.

We made suggestions to Glen on how it should be set up, but it sounds like he ignored them.

Supposedly they're going to set it Thursday, then let some ski it Friday, which is another mistake, as it can be skied in Saturday morning.
Have to wait to see what they do with it.
If it's a cluster, not going to enter.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I heard tell of the course layout and not too wound up about it.

We made suggestions to Glen on how it should be set up, but it sounds like he ignored them.

Supposedly they're going to set it Thursday, then let some ski it Friday, which is another mistake, as it can be skied in Saturday morning.
Have to wait to see what they do with it.
If it's a cluster, not going to enter.

lower section of razors, right?

what did you suggest that was ignored?

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This weekend will be frozen cord to start then sugar and perhaps semi spring snow especially with the sunshine..gonna be a great weekend..I’ll be starting a roll call thread in about 30 hours.  It would be dynamite if you said hi to us.  

Looks like no frozen cord till sat. night/sun am.

38 minutes ago, tnt said:

lower section of razors, right?

what did you suggest that was ignored?

I believe that's where they're going to have it.

Last year, the section before the first jump was far too long, which is a waste because the judges were at the bottom and couldn't see any turns above the jump anyway.
We suggested only having like 3 bumps above the first jump, which also keeps speed into jump down.
Not many have jumping experience anyway, so for the majority it's a waste, some even go around the jump.

Cut down to 1 jump, which I heard they're gonna do, but not confirmed.
Last year they had a second jump at the bottom which had a totally flat landing and many crashed because of it, not to mention it being a painful landing.

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

I believe that's where they're going to have it.

Last year, the section before the first jump was far too long, which is a waste because the judges were at the bottom and couldn't see any turns above the jump anyway.
We suggested only having like 3 bumps above the first jump, which also keeps speed into jump down.
Not many have jumping experience anyway, so for the majority it's a waste, some even go around the jump.

Cut down to 1 jump, which I heard they're gonna do, but not confirmed.
Last year they had a second jump at the bottom which had a totally flat landing and many crashed because of it, not to mention it being a painful landing.

My daughter and I were thinking of entering, and we both said we totally would ski around the jumps!

Doesn't look like our schedule will allow for competing, but we, or at least I, might come up to ski Sat. morning and maybe stay to watch a few runs of the comp.

I hope they seed teh hell out of everything in celebration of the contest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Will the trail be open if the competition is there?  Or will the comp just be on half of it?

Comp will be on final Razors headwall.

They'll probably have that closed off and make you connect over to Challenge.

Top section of Razors will be open with (hopefully) a few lines on skier's right from tbt.
I think they put the kabosh on bumps on Razorback.

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Comp will be on final Razors headwall.

They'll probably have that closed off and make you connect over to Challenge.

Top section of Razors will be open with (hopefully) a few lines on skier's right from tbt.
I think they put the kabosh on bumps on Razorback.

Can you do a helicopter?