Weekend prognosis?

tnt

7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Hero snow

Noooo. Imagine wet cement that hasn't set yet but is about to. Just look it up.

It's not terribly grippy, just slower than usual. And the pond is the absolute slush right in front of the quad than you have to water ski through.

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should leave at 545-6 and give it a try. It’s nice having fresh cord and empty runs...parking close is also nice. 

That's my departure time for day trips to the catskills.  Blue is a nice sleep in break for me....

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No way...won’t be bulletproof but will be firm.  38 degrees at Blue does not make for soft snow. 

Just a guess here. Runs 1-3 will be firm, 4-5 will be perfection. 6-12 will be choppy. 12+ will be survival 

• Like 1

I was there from about 1030-130 today. Snow was surprisingly nice. Only the run outs got super soft. Terrain park at bottom getting a little brown. A small lake at the quad. Other than that pretty good. 6 pack still not running 🙁. BTW, saw 3 guys in nicer clothes, along with several people who looked like upper level Blue employees talking at the bottom of the 6. Wonder what that was about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I was there from about 1030-130 today. Snow was surprisingly nice. Only the run outs got super soft. Terrain park at bottom getting a little brown. A small lake at the quad. Other than that pretty good. 6 pack still not running 🙁. BTW, saw 3 guys in nicer clothes, along with several people who looked like upper level Blue employees talking at the bottom of the 6. Wonder what that was about. 

Gondola installation. Vail wants it in for next year to be EPIC. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1