Weekend prognosis?

tnt

24 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I was there from about 1030-130 today. Snow was surprisingly nice. Only the run outs got super soft. Terrain park at bottom getting a little brown. A small lake at the quad. Other than that pretty good. 6 pack still not running 🙁. BTW, saw 3 guys in nicer clothes, along with several people who looked like upper level Blue employees talking at the bottom of the 6. Wonder what that was about. 

Lower Park was the recipient of a lot of parking lot dust.  Melting out fast over there and on landing strip probably due to its western exposure which means prolonged late afternoon sun.  Razor burn had nice corn snow but I didn’t ski it. 

28 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I was there from about 1030-130 today. Snow was surprisingly nice. Only the run outs got super soft. Terrain park at bottom getting a little brown. A small lake at the quad. Other than that pretty good. 6 pack still not running 🙁. BTW, saw 3 guys in nicer clothes, along with several people who looked like upper level Blue employees talking at the bottom of the 6. Wonder what that was about. 

The three guys in nice clothing are likely consultants working for Vail..I’m sure the scene was something like this over in the tubing tent.  

A4E2DB05-02EC-4B4A-BDFA-07DC4CE3F729.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

what's the base like?  Is this warm spell the beginning of the end for the season?  

At most they'll go one weekend into April. They already have a trail run scheduled for the second weekend where they are touting the potential of running up ski slopes with snow on them.

Still, if they go that long, that 4 more weekends of skiing. More likely 3, if the base holds.

7 hours ago, enjoralas said:

At most they'll go one weekend into April. They already have a trail run scheduled for the second weekend where they are touting the potential of running up ski slopes with snow on them.

Still, if they go that long, that 4 more weekends of skiing. More likely 3, if the base holds.

Gahskier was talking with Jim at the quad last night, last weekend in March is all she wrote.

Get your turns in ASAP!

Anybody know the story with weekday evenings going forward?  I feel like they end that a week early but I don't remember for sure.  Would love to get a couple more night sessions in, and thinking about possible bringing my kids up one night too.  Have a buddy pass and the 4th grader card so it wouldn't cost me a dime to do so.  

49 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Anybody know the story with weekday evenings going forward?  I feel like they end that a week early but I don't remember for sure.  Would love to get a couple more night sessions in, and thinking about possible bringing my kids up one night too.  Have a buddy pass and the 4th grader card so it wouldn't cost me a dime to do so.  

I’m guessing this next week will still likely be 9pm closings but the following 8pm.  That’s based on last season..and I doubt anybody at blue even remembered what they did last year so could be anything.  I would expect info Sunday or Monday for the following midweek. 

• Thanks 1