Sugarbush Advice

Mess

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh Lordy....it’s bad when you go to the eye doctor and he asks you to take your pants off. 

It's really bad when your undergoing a proctology exam and you feel a hand on each shoulder...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

It was worth a try...

Back on topic... Lawson’s is reason enough to make it to the MRV for at least one day.

RideDE do you need brushing and flossing tips... my brother @saltyant and my dad @AtomicSkier have perfect teeth they can give you tips...mine are just ok..I pass out eating nachos in bed from time to time..my famous Doritos nachos...and forget to get brushy with it 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, Ride Delaware ? said:

It was worth a try...

Back on topic... Lawson’s is reason enough to make it to the MRV for at least one day.

This and Castlerock... I ended up back in the MRV to hang with my daughter and always remembered Castlerock as being one of my favorite pods of any ski area East or West. Sometimes nostalgia gets the better of us and things really arent as good as you thought they were when you go back, Castlerock is NOT one those!

Lot;s of GREAT food and beer in the Mad River Valley too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mbike-ski said:

This and Castlerock... I ended up back in the MRV to hang with my daughter and always remembered Castlerock as being one of my favorite pods of any ski area East or West. Sometimes nostalgia gets the better of us and things really arent as good as you thought they were when you go back, Castlerock is NOT one those!

I agree 

389A0F5A-FB32-40D0-A41A-42FA5688A3EA.jpeg

• Like 1

Castlerock is awesome, but I hardly ever free ski there. Unfortunately, whenever it’s good, the place is mobbed. I usually head over to North since my gear is there to begin with. I’d rather ride at North all day than be stuck in a line half the day for a couple runs at Castlerock.

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Castlerock is awesome, but I hardly ever free ski there. Unfortunately, whenever it’s good, the place is mobbed. I usually head over to North since my gear is there to begin with. I’d rather ride at North all day than be stuck in a line half the day for a couple runs at Castlerock.

But you’re a patroller can’t you cut the line...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

But you’re a patroller can’t you cut the line...

We can cut the line when we are patrolling. When we aren’t patrolling, we follow the same rules as everyone else.

As a volunteer, I choose where to patrol. Mt. Ellen only has one main patrol shack at the top of the mountain. Therefore, all patrol activities are based out of that shack and the entire mountain can be patrolled from there.

When you choose to patrol at Lincoln Peak, you get to choose the mountain, but not the patrol shack. There are three patrol shacks at Lincoln Peak (Castlerock, Heaven’s Gate, and North Lynx). The PD, APD, or Supervisor decides which station you will be placed at in the morning, and you stay there for the day. If you hit the lottery, then you’re at Castlerock all day. If you get North Lynx, then you get mostly boring terrain, plus you have to respond to the entire base area, including all the learn to ski terrain and ski school. If you get Heaven’s Gate, then you get all the masses that want decent terrain with a HSQ. Lincoln Peak also does about 60% or more people during any given weekend than Mt. Ellen, so it’s just mayhem.

Outside of the Castlerock pod, the only premier terrain people really talk about is Paradise, Steins, and Domino. I guess you could include Birdland and the Mall if the conditions are solid. I would rather have Exterminator, Bravo, Tumbler, Hammerhead, Exterminator Woods, Bravo Woods, and Bravinator Woods at my disposal all day than to take the risk of taking call after call on Heaven’s Gate or North Lynx.