Pi Day Report

toast21602

7 minutes ago, RyGuy19 said:

Negative. Working in the cubbie all day

I’m still laughing that RideDE asked who the fuck you are lol.  He literally disappears for months during the ski season after posting all fall about the leaves changing color.  

I brought my ski stuff with me to work..wish I was out now though.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Musical director of a 20 person lineup playing an official Pi Day event in Princeton - which makes a big deal of this as it's also Einstein's Birthday and he lived in Princeton

Community Stage Flyer _Motown-1.jpg

With a 20 person lineup how do you divide up the money??  Also do you mind playing free concerts?  

26 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Epic update. 6 pack is closed but a handful of people wearing Vail shirts at the lift are chatting with nice guy David. I think I overheard one say “gondola.”
a2b5001926cff8c3535fc0a9695c2bfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats seals it for me.  I'm gonna hold out for the Epic pass.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Nah, the play is to buy the Blue pass at $429 and hope they honor it as an Epic Pass

I always like to think "what would Vail do in this situation?"

And i think the Epic pass would be a $$$ upgrade for the Blue only passholder.  

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Ikon passholders are fucking up the canyon roads in Utah as well as making a mess of things in Jackson.  

You know what Jackson hole locals who complain about the crowds is like me driving on 22 and complaining about the traffic...they’re part of the problem just as much as me driving on 22 is part of the problem.   Most of the JH locals don’t even bother skiing if there not recent new snow anyway...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You know what Jackson hole locals who complain about the crowds is like me driving on 22 and complaining about the traffic...they’re part of the problem just as much as me driving on 22 is part of the problem.   Most of the JH locals don’t even bother skiing if there not recent new snow anyway...

I dont disagree.  I think the locals to each are blowing things up.  There doesnt seem to be quite as much hate in Utah it seems.  Jackson people are sort of going over the top.  Until the locals buy the mountain, they will probably need to learn to live with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont disagree.  I think the locals to each are blowing things up.  There doesnt seem to be quite as much hate in Utah it seems.  Jackson people are sort of going over the top.  Until the locals buy the mountain, they will probably need to learn to live with it.

We rode up the gondola with a JH employee and Ikon pass topic came up.

He said that the resort had made a bunch of promises to feed money back into the place to repair, upgrade, etc., which they're not seeing happening.
He said it's easy to target Ikon passholders as the problem, when it's really the resort they're frustrated with.

He also said that the resort said they would cut back on advertising to (hopefully) keep down influx of beginners/intermediates.

2 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

False

The Mormons are just as angry?  The only thing i have seen is some comments on the Canyon Roads FB page or whatever.  But thinking about it......i bet people at Alta are not taking it well.  they seem to be always sort of like, well, kinda, maybe not the most inviting people in the world.  

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We rode up the gondola with a JH employee and Ikon pass topic came up.

He said that the resort had made a bunch of promises to feed money back into the place to repair, upgrade, etc., which they're not seeing happening.
He said it's easy to target Ikon passholders as the problem, when it's really the resort they're frustrated with.

He also said that the resort said they would cut back on advertising to (hopefully) keep down influx of beginners/intermediates.

About 5 years ago when they replaced the old Casper triple with a high speed quad followed by replacing the Eagles rest and sweetwater chairs with a gondola, Jackson hole advertised as all new all blue to get more lower level skiers there.  They regraded a few runs as well.  Jackson is a terrible place for beginners and intermediates yet those people have a lot less impact on the local season passholders than the Ikon passholders who line up for the Tram not the teewinot.