Pi Day Report

toast21602

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

The Mormons are just as angry?  The only thing i have seen is some comments on the Canyon Roads FB page or whatever.  But thinking about it......i bet people at Alta are not taking it well.  they seem to be always sort of like, well, kinda, maybe not the most inviting people in the world.  

Read the Ikon pass thread on the Teton gravity forums in general skiing folder or the wasatch thread.  People are pissed..but there’s also double as many people in the SLC metro than a generation ago and cheap flights galore.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Read the Ikon pass thread on the Teton gravity forums in general skiing folder or the wasatch thread.  People are pissed..but there’s also double as many people in the SLC metro than a generation ago and cheap flights galore.  

Of course the airlines know what's what.  
They don't implement direct to Jackson flights during the winter months from the East coast for nothing!

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Of course the airlines know what's what.  
They don't implement direct to Jackson flights during the winter months from the East coast for nothing!

I believe Jackson hole used to subsidize the airlines to get direct flights in.  Remember in the summer there are four times as many people in Jackson hole.  A lot of the in town motels are closed down during the winter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I believe Jackson hole used to subsidize the airlines to get direct flights in.  Remember in the summer there are four times as many people in Jackson hole.  A lot of the in town motels are closed down during the winter. 

However, in the summer there's a lot more things/wide open areas to go see. 
You're not trying to cram all those people into a small area and even smaller lifts.

When riding through town, I was amazed at all the motels they have there.

• Like 1

Hey All,

I’m back from a late afternoon session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 347pm and in the house were Root and Atomic Jeff.  The temperature was around 60 degrees and I enjoyed a quick beer before hoofing it over to the quad. 

I mainly skied razors which had fast spring snow light to moderate chop in spot..skied Barney’s Bumps once they are deep and big they need a reseed nice untracked corn to the left of the bumps along the edge.  Nightmare to dreamweaver was real nice and pretty smooth and challenge was pretty rough on top and smooth in the middle.  

After skiing had a beer in the lot and me and Atomic Jeff went to point Phillips but the place was completely packed so went to Applebys which was pretty good...see some of you Saturday morning for some fun in the sun and Sunday morning when things get Crunk!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Epic update. 6 pack is closed but a handful of people wearing Vail shirts at the lift are chatting with nice guy David. I think I overheard one say “gondola.”
a2b5001926cff8c3535fc0a9695c2bfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the people I saw today. Hopefully representatives from the company that built the 6. Discussing how their going to fix it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I came up with a really funny Pi joke. I say I know 3,000 digits of Pi, but all I know is 3.141592654 and then I make up random numbers and since most people dont know any more digits it sounds believable. 

You’re an idiot. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I came up with a really funny Pi joke. I say I know 3,000 digits of Pi, but all I know is 3.141592654 and then I make up random numbers and since most people dont know any more digits it sounds believable. 

You’re trying too hard now. 

• Like 2

Fine night - not like Pi

Rode the lift with ridge and saw indiggio and gahskier, stopped to chat and edge booked so ski’d some runs with them, snow was primo spring, fairly smooth with some chop here and there. Had a beer with indggio and saw jlaw slink in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3